“A special place”

Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Minnesota
“A special place”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We were celebrating our wedding anniversary while staying in Albert Lea for two nights, so we asked several local people to recommend a special place. All agreed that for a special occasion they liked the Wedgewood Cove Restaurant. We were not disappointed.
The restaurant is located in a large, richly-furnished country club, and the dining room overlooks a large lake. It is spacious and warm, nicely decorated and clean. There were only a few couples when we were there, on a Wednesday night.
I was impressed by the menu. I like good food, and I'm bored with the usual steak and seafood menus that are so popular. Most entrees are $15-$20, but there was a Wednesday night special of chicken and ribs for $10.95 that I decided to take advantage of. Again, I was not disappointed. The chicken was a crusted chicken breast nicely done and not too dry. The ribs were the best I've ever eaten. The meat fell away from the bones at the slightest touch, was tendy and juicy. The sauce was not too sweet, as so many are. There is a modest wine menu, and a wide variety of beers available. For dessert we had their home made bread pudding. We order it whenever we encounter it, and theirs was very good.
The staff was attentive and friendly, not formal, but not too familiar either.
All told, we had a very pleasant dinner, and very good food. The locals were right; for a special occasion, this is the place.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Sofanon

Albert Lea, Minnesota
“quick relaxing supper”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

new menu items fish and chips very good and beer reasonably priced , also the service was quick even though a wedding reception was going on

Visited August 2012
Albert Lea, Minnesota
“Good food and place to go”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Not just for the golfers, this is a great place for dining with or without your family. Nicely decorated atmosphere, beautiful golf course scenery.

Visited April 2012
Blue Earth
“Try Another Place”
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Our Thanksgiving Dinner 2011 was my first experience at Wegewood. It will likely be my last visit there. The restuarant bills itself as #1, but does not live up to that standard. Prior to making reservations for Thanksgiving, I had inquired about whether the turkey would be carved from a whole bird. I was told that, yes, it would be and in addition to the turkey, ham would be served. I asked it if was a bone in ham that would be carved and was told that it was. I was disappointed when both the turkey and the ham were compressed chunks of meat. There was a nice green salad, but the other salads were of the variety that you would find at a grocery store deli. In fact, the salads were so thick and sticky that they literally would not come off of the spoons. The dinner rolls served were not fresh. At best, they were a day old. The stuffing was very bad, my husband said that the potatoes were instant potatoes, and the "cream" for the dessert was some artificial whip of some sort. I also felt that for a Thanksgiving Buffet, the selection was very limited. The entire meal was a huge disappointment. I do not plan to return here again nor would I recommend this resturant to others.

• Visited November 2011
5 Thank konstanzj
Walker, Minnesota
“Average meal for a $$$ price”
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Our meals were very average Applebee's-type, with a Hilton price tag. I expected much better for what it cost.

• Visited November 2011