“Visited twice-good food but slightly inconsistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Current Restaurant

Current Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Current Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 6 Restaurants in Afton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cty Road 21
Description: CURRENT's menu is fresh, lively and healthy... along with a few items for splurging! We support locally owned, independently operated farms and businesses whenever possible. CURRENT brings to you 100% natural or free range raised products only from farms using best practices and we strive to offer natural, organic and local produce and ingredients whenever possible. Our culinary team has a passion for scratch cooking and uses only the highest quality of fresh ingredients available. CURRENT cares about it's community and footprint and gives back a portion of proceeds to others in need in our community and around the world.
Franklin
“Visited twice-good food but slightly inconsistent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2011

The first time we visited-it was during their happy hour. I loved the cucumber water. The wings were great with buffalo sauce poured over it. The waitress did not state each dipping sauce was 75 cents extra each. The atmosphere was great.

The second time we visited, we did not get cucumber water. Darn! I asked the waitress wny we did not get cucumber water and the response was inadequate and she did not offer to bring another bottle. The wings were great. We did not visit during the happy hour and we were not charged extra for the dipping sauce. Go figure.

• Visited October 2011

Stillwater, Minnesota
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2011

Early evening yesterday was a beautiful fall day and perfect for a ride to see some fall color. We head down along the St. Croix River on the Minnesota side and stopped at the Current Restaurant at the Afton Inn (previously called the Catfish Saloon). The remodelled restaurant was a big improvement over the previous space, and the food was a pleasant surprise. I had the walleye po boy sandwich with a lemon aioli on a fresh ciabatta roll. It was paired with a nice wire basket of tasty fries. My husband had a cheeseburger and fries, and he too was impressed with the quality of his meal. the restaurant was filled with all sorts of folks - bikers, boaters, and others like us out for an autumn drive. Very comfortable atmosphere and outside seating (for maybe another week or two!). We'll go back again, and probably often.

• Visited October 2011
Woodbury, MN
“Great Casual Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I have visited Current twice since the reopening, and enjoyed it both times. I had the burger and fries, and they were the best I've had in a long time. A fresh toasted and buttered roll, several choices of cheeses, big slices of onion and tomato, and a big basket of crisp fries. My wife tried the Muffuletta and also enjoyed that choice. The other time we tried the cheese fondue appetizer and salad. The fondue was tasty, but the portion was pretty small for the price. We would return often for this if they increased it to a dinner portion and added a few more items for dipping. All in all, the food is very good and the prices are pretty good, too. We will be back.

• Visited July 2011
Lakeland, Minnesota
“Current-ly a Fav!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2011

I've dined 3 times at The Current since it's grand re-opening and remodeling. The remodeling is lovely - very inviting and warm. This restaurant appeals to both boaters off the river and land-lubbers alike. There have been very well-dressed guests, and families off of their boats. There is a large patio area with many tables and umbrellas.

I've had the walleye po' boy with truffle fries, the grape and brie flatbread, and the mushroom and linguini entree. I've also had the sweet potato fries three times! All simply made, wanna-lick-the-plate-clean delicious. I was thrilled NOT to be offered a lot of bread and other filler stuff prior to the meal. The portions have been perfect and the service stellar during each visit. Prices are reasonable and fair for the good cuisine and portions provided. I'll be dining at The Current a lot more in the weeks and months to come.

• Visited May 2011
Shorewood, Minnesota
“Incredible Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I stopped at Current after we saw the remodel. Wow - I still can't believe this used to be the Catfish Saloon. What a wonderful remodeling.

But more important then the remodeling of the walls is the remodeling of the menu. The food was outstanding. We had the Thai Flatbread and the Chicken, Apple, and Brie Sandwich. I was pleasantly surprised at just how good it was!! The prices are very fair and our waitress was wonderful too.

I highly recommend this restaurant. I can't wait to go back and try something else to eat. What a nice addition to Afton.

• Visited June 2011