“Afton House Inn”
Review of Afton House Inn

Afton House Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Afton B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed at the Inn, a wonderful experience. The small town experience with the old town comfort. The room was clean and tastefully done. The hot-tub for two was very nice and relaxing. The Good:
Clean with the very good classic feeling.
Attaches to a nice bar, and a great wine bar.
Very nice dining with wonderful staff.
Good dinner and dining experience. Peggy was our waitress, she was great.
Parking was right outside.
The not so good;
The bathroom was not the greatest, clean but plastic.
The shower was like one Id find in a basement.
The room I had was close to the highway and road noise was noticeable.
The breakfast was very much like a continental breakfast... after all this is a bead/breakfast!

Room Tip: I did not use the fitness center or the swimming pool, did not know they had one. Equip shower with...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 5, 2014

This is one of our favorite places to stay as I like the older style hotels. It's always been clean and quiet. Parking is easy and close. You can eat at the Afton House Inn Restaurant or Current Restaurant (both a little spendy but we have always been happy with the food). You can also get drinks and appetizers or a bottle of wine from Swirl Wine Bar all without leaving the premises.

Room Tip: There is the attached annex in the newer portion of the building if you want the newer rooms, howeve...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been to the Afton House for a few wedding related dinners, it's a great setting and experience if you want to book the dinning room, large yet intimate dinners for sure.

The hotel guests in our party also enjoyed the Inn but most were suffering from allergies in the morning. Apparently, the room can be "musky".

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I surprised my wife with a night's stay at the Afton House Inn. We enjoyed Swirl Wine Bar (onsite) and our guest room was exactly what was expected. The breakfast portion of this B&B was average. We started with a cup of yogurt accompanied by fresh grapes and strawberries, then finished with a whole wheat pancake. Upon receiving our yogurt and fruit, it was clear that the grapes were coated in dust or dirt. I swiped my fingertip over the skin of a grape and found a dark residue transferred onto it. Being that the rest of the grapes had the same ashy coating, I opted to leave them on my plate. My wife, however, enjoyed the flavor of the grapes. She chose to clean each of her grapes with her napkin before eating them, leaving her napkin soiled with the dust/dirt. She asked me not to complain. I agreed I wouldn't. We checked out shortly thereafter.

A week later I received a follow-up email from the Afton House Inn thanking me for my business and asking me if there was anything that could have been done to make my stay more enjoyable. Since I was asked, I thought I'd let management know that we were served dirty grapes. The owner promptly responded assuring me that all of the fruit is washed thoroughly and guaranteeing that there was no dirt on our grapes.

That's a weird guarantee considering all the dirt that was on the grapes.

We'll be spending our money elsewhere in the future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

We had a delightful time at the Afton house. Very peaceful in November. Nothing going on. Time to sit back and relax....which is what we went there for. Internet was available, but spotty. So if your going to relax on your computer, it just may not be in your room.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

My husband & I came here to celebrate our anniversary. Love the rooms, food is excellent (especially the gluten-free options - there are many!), and the staff is always friendly and helpful. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

My daughters and I had a wonderful experience at the Afton House Inn last Saturday - Sunday in your Executive Suite. The suite accommodations were outstanding, and we slept in peace and comfort.We also visited the Swirl Wine bar and had supper reservations at Currents restaurant. Enjoy breakfast in the front room. Everything was great!Your desk staff was outstanding, and saw to every wish for our stay - excellent customer service was there for our stay.I shall recommend your place to our friends, and both of my daughters said they would be back again.I completed the survey from Currents restaurant with glowing observations.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Afton
Fairfield Inn Hudson
#6 of 7 in Stillwater
Rivertown Inn
Rivertown Inn
#4 of 9 in Stillwater

Been to Afton House Inn? Share your experiences!