“Up North Feel”

Yarrow Golf & Conference Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Did the stay and play for two nights and three days. I had been at Yarrow for corporate training in the early 90's just after it opened and before there was even a golf course...fell in love with the property. Don't know why it took me 20 years to return! Loved the golf course. The first hole is a monster par 5 almost 600 yards up a hill. The course is in pristine condition. It felt like you were in northern Michigan but without the long drive and steep prices. The stay and play included a buffet breakfast which was excellent. They even had name cards at your table to reserve - nice touch. Rooms were sufficient and had good air conditioning. Ate on the deck at their grill one evening after our round which was good and it was fun to see the golfers coming in on the 18th green. The only small complaint I had was I inquired with the front desk to see about a late checkout since our round was scheduled for 0727 hours and we wanted to pack up right after our round. The clerk did not have the authority to grant our request even though the room was not booked the day of departure. Only the manager apparently can make that decision. On a side note, if you are there in the summer...check out the Barn theater in Augusta. We saw the musical "Tarzan" and had a great time.

Room Tip: Avoid Tuesdays ,if possible, since it is senior day on the course and the play will be slow.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank William E

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Took a three day golf buddy trip.We stayed in the hotel room section of the resort. The rooms are small and nothing special, but they were clean and adequate. The resort itself is very nice and the golf was great. Overall a good value

Room Tip: next time we will upgrade to one of the villas.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I were married at Yarrow in 2005, and everything went off without a hitch. The golf is nothing short of amazing, the food in the pub is outstanding (get yourself a burger & fries, you'll be impressed), and the staff is extremely helpful. My company started having our annual meeting at Yarrow two years ago, and about 100 people form out of town stay in the lodges. I've heard nothing negative from any of them.

The only downside is that there isn't much nightlife in the Augusta area. Once the on-site pub closes, unless you want to make a trip to Kalamazoo (30+ minutes) or Battle Creek (...no thanks), that's about it.

Room Tip: I've only stayed in one of the "cabins," and I found it to be very comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Our organization held its annual conference at Yarrow. The event co ordinator was very helpful and accommodating. The staff were friendly, resourceful, and willing to go the extra mile (rearranging furniture, searching for lost items, putting up banners). The beautiful, serene, nature setting is perfect for get aways and out of the hustle of daily life.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mary R
Justin T, Director of Sales at Yarrow Golf & Conference Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you so very much for the kind words. We appreciated your group very much and look forward to many more experiences with you.

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We called on a Monday to ask what time dinner was available. The gentleman on the phone said "we are open now, but entrees are served at 5:00". We showed up on Wednesday, and to our surprise, no entrees were available. The server told us that they "just changed the menu today" so entrees are only available Thurs - Sun. We were not told this would be happening when we called on Monday. We were there for a special gathering of 10 people...my brother suddenly passed away and the family was getting together in celebration of his life.

While I'm sure the conference center and golf course are fabulous...we will never know how the restaurant is since we did not have dinner. We did however, (before we knew there weren't entrees served) order drinks: One double Jameson, one Pepsi and one Iced Tea. We were then charged $13.50!!! We should have been comped our drinks for the inconvenience. It is over an hour drive to Yarrow for everyone involved. The management needs to communicate better with the staff. We will never be back and will not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The accomodations worked for our ladies golf group. Very efficient with checking in/out.

We will return next year for sure.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Patrika
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My wife and I don't golf. I tried it years ago and was never good at it, so... I don't golf.

The reason we stayed here is that my wife won a package to Yarrow through a charity auction at a great price with the intention of visiting some local attractions in the Kalamazoo and Battle Creek area. We arrived late in the evening and it was a little hard to find in the dark (the light must have been out on the sign). As we entered the property, we noticed that the grounds and gardens (which had some lighting), looked very nice.

After getting our room key, we drove around to the back where our room was located. The standard rooms are in (2) two story units with exterior access. Access is provided down a lighted boardwalk in the woods (which reminded me of "The Homestead" up in Glen Arbor, Mi.). The building is arranged so that the rooms have windows on both sides, so that you can get a nice breeze if the weather cooperates.

The rooms are trimmed in laquered pine and have a cozy cottage feel. Our room came with two queen beds, which I felt were just right, not too hard, not too soft. Nothing fancy in the bathrooms, though the shampoos and soaps were a little nicer than the standard types at most hotel chains.

To me, the breakfast was the best part. The bacon and scrambled eggs were cooked just the way I like them. I can tell the bacon that they use was of a very high quality and tasted wonderful. I think the only time I ate more bacon was at Tony's in Birch run, Mi. Breakfast hours are 7:00am to 9:00am at the main lodge. Room checkout is at 10:00am on weekdays.

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay here, and would reccommend it .... especially to golfers. Oh, by the way, the course, from what I could see, was beautiful.

Room Tip: Geared for golfers, check for midweek bargain rate stay-and-play packages
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flintjarvis

Been to Yarrow Golf & Conference Resort? Share your experiences!