Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
$85
Hotels.com
$142
Hampton.com
Quality Inn Auburn Hills(Auburn Hills)(Great Value!)
$89
$76
ExtendedStay
$84
$159
All reviewsfront deskwet bargreat hotelspacious roombreakfast sandwichgreat lakes crossingfree breakfastsitting areaother hotelsindoor poolyogurtbreakfast was excellentpull out couchhot breakfastmini fridgebusiness tripnice stay
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Recently my husband and I stayed here. It was a hotel that just started taking dogs up to 75 pounds. When we checked in the people were so friendly and they just loved our large dog Dakota. Every time they saw us they not only said hello to me and my husband but also her. Very friendly and we would stay there over again.

Room Tip: The rooms are large and very very clean. I will chose a Hyatt Place over any hotel. This was the first time we ever stayed at one of their hotels. We are now repeat customers.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cathilontz1
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 4 nights on a business trip. Was a mile from my office. I was not sure what to expect as I was unfamiliar with auburn hills and it was on a strip of other hotels... But I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very large including a separate tv/couch area and the staff was super friendly. Their food was decent also... Better than some of the other local foods. If you are traveling here, highly recommend

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Since we were in town for a wedding, this hotel was picked FOR us, not BY us. But it was a great location with nice big rooms, ample space in the lobby for groups to meet and chat, a nice pool and a very good breakfast. With so many events going on over the weekend, however, the breakfast area got to be a bit of a zoo. But the staff performed valiantly, keeping the trays filled and the table areas clean.
It seemed as though the staff did multiple duties. Wanting a luncheon sandwich I sat at the counter and was surprised to see the front desk woman come over, take my order and go into the kitchen to prepare my lunch. Someone else quickly and smoothly took over her spot at the front desk.
We arrived late at night and were greeted warmly and efficiently. The only concern I had was that the hotel imposes a $50 hold against room orders. I've never had this before. I did mention this on the follow-up survey from the hotel and got a nice response, explaining it all. I still find it strange, especially in a sort of upscale hotel.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stay at this hotel every year when visiting Michigan. This stay was the best we have experienced. Room was very clean. Breakfast was fresh and there was plenty of room and food available even with the hotel being busy.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Booked room weeks in advance. Reserved a room with king bed for Sunday night 8/25/13. On check in I was told I was getting a room with 2 double beds. I stated that I paid for a king room and had a confirmation number for a king room. Desk clerk ( Danielle) checked inventory and said they had 17 rooms available with king beds. I was next told that since I booked my room using a third party service (hotels.com) that they couldn't change my reservation. I said I didn't want them to change my reservation, only to honor what I had paid for.

The clerk and I had a long discussion over this, each of us stating and restating our positions. I was being told "nothing can be done about it" and "I can't change the field on the computer screen". After about 10 minutes of this I asked to speak to the manager. The desk clerk slipped away and went through a door for several minutes. She finally came back (by herself) and said no problem, I could get a room with a king bed.

I guess SOMETHING could be done after all, huh? And somehow that computer screen started magically working again.

What a waste of time. This staff needs training on how to resolve simple problems.

To add to the frustration, the sink stopper wouldn't open to drain. Had to wedge it open with an ink pen.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay when you are in the area. There are many options.