“Good Hotel, Even Better Staff”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Eugene, Oregon
“Good Hotel, Even Better Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Since we were in town for a wedding, this hotel was picked FOR us, not BY us. But it was a great location with nice big rooms, ample space in the lobby for groups to meet and chat, a nice pool and a very good breakfast. With so many events going on over the weekend, however, the breakfast area got to be a bit of a zoo. But the staff performed valiantly, keeping the trays filled and the table areas clean.
It seemed as though the staff did multiple duties. Wanting a luncheon sandwich I sat at the counter and was surprised to see the front desk woman come over, take my order and go into the kitchen to prepare my lunch. Someone else quickly and smoothly took over her spot at the front desk.
We arrived late at night and were greeted warmly and efficiently. The only concern I had was that the hotel imposes a $50 hold against room orders. I've never had this before. I did mention this on the follow-up survey from the hotel and got a nice response, explaining it all. I still find it strange, especially in a sort of upscale hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Washington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stay at this hotel every year when visiting Michigan. This stay was the best we have experienced. Room was very clean. Breakfast was fresh and there was plenty of room and food available even with the hotel being busy.

midland, mi
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Booked room weeks in advance. Reserved a room with king bed for Sunday night 8/25/13. On check in I was told I was getting a room with 2 double beds. I stated that I paid for a king room and had a confirmation number for a king room. Desk clerk ( Danielle) checked inventory and said they had 17 rooms available with king beds. I was next told that since I booked my room using a third party service (hotels.com) that they couldn't change my reservation. I said I didn't want them to change my reservation, only to honor what I had paid for.

The clerk and I had a long discussion over this, each of us stating and restating our positions. I was being told "nothing can be done about it" and "I can't change the field on the computer screen". After about 10 minutes of this I asked to speak to the manager. The desk clerk slipped away and went through a door for several minutes. She finally came back (by herself) and said no problem, I could get a room with a king bed.

I guess SOMETHING could be done after all, huh? And somehow that computer screen started magically working again.

What a waste of time. This staff needs training on how to resolve simple problems.

To add to the frustration, the sink stopper wouldn't open to drain. Had to wedge it open with an ink pen.

Room Tip: Find somewhere else to stay when you are in the area. There are many options.
Traverse City, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Struggled to find a hotel room for the weekend (forgot about the Woodward Dream Cruise), but scored a great room at the Hyatt Place, and was not disappointed. Received a warm welcome from hostess Sharon, and we were on our way. Room was spacious and very clean, and all staff were greeting us all along the way. The place was pretty quiet, except for a few Dream Cruise fans, who settled down quickly. My family and I enjoyed our stay, and will probably return.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is the 4th time we have stayed at the Hyatt for our Woodward Dream Cruise weekend and they never fail to impress. We had secure parking for our antique cars and free access to that area for a tail gate party. Our room was modern, well maintained, clean and the housekeeping staff is always willing to help us if we have forgotten anything.
The bed was very comfortable and the stand up shower encloser is great. I would have likes a hand shower but that is a very minor problem.
The breakfast was good and it's included. They serve Starbucks coffee but if you want a specialty coffee they do charge.Pricing is reasonable.
There is a lot of fast food restaurants in the area and not too far away better dining options. Car wash is 2 minutes across the street for a fee of $4.00. Opens at 8am for those who need to freshen your car before the cruise. The drive to the Dream cruise is approx. 20 minutes.
For those of you who want to shop try the Sommerset mall on Big Beaver Rd. Macie's is great!!!
I bring ear plugs for the loud muffler noises and the AC. Ask the staff about local restaurants they are very helpful. You should also visit the Ford Museum and the Greenfield Village bith located on the same property.It's worth the money.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that faces the back of the building away from the front parking. That is wher...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have often to go to Auburn Hills for business reasons and I'm usual to stay at this hotel because the overall experience is very positive under all aspects.
Very very kind staff with sound knowledge of their job, clean and spacious rooms, possibility to eat 24h, nice swimming pool and fitness room, good ubication just outside of 75.
The quality\price ratio is very high

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Federico L
Battle Creek, MI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My girlfriends and I went to the Keith Urban concert at DTE recently and stayed at the Hyatt Place. What a great way to start and end a perfect evening. The staff was so pleasant and accommodating. Diana gave us a perfect route to DTE which avoided all of the concert traffic. We were out and back to the hotel within 30 minutes. They also recommended a great place to eat. Complimentary breakfast the following morning far exceeded our expectations.
The only reason I gave them a very good instead of Excellent was because we wanted to listen to Keith before and after the concert and the only music in the room besides a staticy clock radio was on demand and you had to pay for it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends