“Great Hotel - Great Staff!”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Where do I begin. …the gorgeous lobby, the super clean and awesome rooms, the friendliest and hardest working staff!! We recently stayed here as a family (my husband, son and 2 sisters in-law) and we were blown away. As others have said, right off the I-75 therefore super fast if you are going anywhere in the state. Hotel, fitness room, pool and rooms were very clean. But it is the staff the makes the stay wonderful. They do everything! They are the check-in, the concierge, the barista, the bar tenders, the bus boys, and the list goes on and on. They are constantly on the go, BUT able to attend to everyone’s needs. They are remarkable AND you can tell they truly LOVE their job! We visit family in this area almost every year, and we have stayed in many hotels in the area, but this one was the only one that deserved our time to fill out the survey they send you AND write a review on Trip Advisor. That is how great our stay was. In fact, the food was so good, that when we went out for the day, we made a point of coming back for lunch because choices were great, and they made everything fresh and the prices were very good. The true selling bonus for me was they made Starbucks coffee in the lobby! I actually did NOT have to leave the hotel to find coffee in the morning! I wish they had Hyatt Place in Canada ;0)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank judyanddan

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed at the Auburn Hills MI Hyatt for 1 night, but I wish we could have stayed longer! For starters, the hotel is right off of I-75. Zero highway noise though. Very convenient to get to. Upon our arrival we immediately noticed the cleanliness of the hotel. Check in was fast. The manager gave us a quick tour & we proceeded to our room. The room was immaculate and more than sufficient for the two of us. We were there celebrating both an anniversary & a birthday & we were pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel staff had left us a lovely gift of snacks & fruit along with a card! Nice touch Hyatt employees ;) The couch was comfortable and huge. It was nice to have a couch to sit on rather than just the bed as in most hotels. Large LG TV that swiveled so that it could be viewed from the bed or couch. Lots of channels to choose from and the reception was great. No fuzziness. Great blackout curtains. No early sunrise for us! The king size bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept on in a hotel. The air conditioning worked very well and didn't freeze us out. There were more than enough towels for us. The water pressure in the shower was amazing. A large sink with mirror outside of the toilet/shower area made it easy to get ready to go out. Our room was almost at the end of the hallway, but we never heard any guests outside of our room. We needed extra pillows & they arrived within 5 minutes of my request. Breakfast the next morning was wonderful and abundant. We didn't order room service but we did look over the menu. Really good prices & a lot to choose from.
The hotel is between the large outlet mall Great Lakes Crossing & The Somerset Collection in Troy. Jump on 75 and you can get to either mall within 15 minutes.
We most certainly will stay at this Hyatt again when we are in the area. We usually stay at The Drury, but the Hyatt was only $89 and the Drury wanted over $110 for the same night. The Hyatt was so much nicer! We also encountered a very nice security guard walking the grounds. Bonus :)
The Hyatt is THE place to stay in Auburn Hills.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank GoooooBucks
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Minus the fact that the breakfast wasn't the standout I expected, the hotel was great. The room was large and clean. The staff at the Hyatt were very helpful and met any need we had, going out of there way at times too! The small cafe/bar down in the lobby was awesome, serving great food and drinks at reasonable prices. Overall, I enjoyed my time spent here and would recommend this hotel above others in the area. Service here, by far, won me over!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights in July while enjoying some shopping and golfing. We booked through a 3rd party provider and thought we were getting a King room. When we arrived they had booked us into a double room and were not able to change it. I was not very happy with this, however they were able to change our room for the second night which was much better for us. Sharon, was really empathic and accommodating and it was her great customer service skills and smile that made all the difference in my writing of this review.

The rooms are large with a separate seating area (love not having to sit on the bed to watch TV!). The rooms also come with a wet bar counter and small fridge. We really enjoyed the breakfast that was included. Lots of great options and places to sit around the front lobby area. We used the indoor pool, which was average, but at least there was a pool.

We enjoyed the stay - very friendly staff and would recommend this to anyone looking for a good quality, clean hotel in the Auburn Hills area.

Room Tip: The King room had the bed away from the air conditioning unit so make sure you ask if the bed or the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel the night of a concert at The Palace in Auburn Hills. GREAT location! Not only was it a few minutes from the venue, it was even better because it was on the same side of University as The Palace. There was a huge line heading toward that intersection, so it was wonderful to be in the right lane and pass them all by! The hotel itself is very nice, clean, modern. Easy and friendly check-in, small Starbucks area, nice hot breakfast that was included! The room was larger than a normal hotel room. We had 2 moms and 2 teen girls, and there was plenty of room. My only complaint is you can hear the hallway noise quite easily. There was a party going on at 1:00am and doors were slamming, loud talking, some yelling...the good part was the hotel security took care of it even though they had to go up twice. And the AAA price was great!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Hotel would not refund money for unused nights when business trip was shorter than expected. The rate was not discounted and full rate. Was informed I should have cancelled the afternoon of the day before my check-in date, even though the reservation was made after the cutoff time they noted in the confirmation email. How can I cancel a reservation made after the cutoff time they informed me of, before the cutoff time. No flexibility. Will never stay here again. Either their rules or the highway. There are a million other hotels competing for the same guests, don't stay at this one.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My sister and I stayed at the Hyatt Place after the Fleetwood Mac concert. It was the second time I had stayed at this particular hotel, and I chose it specifically because of my first stay's experience. The room was clean, spacious, and the beds were comfortable. It's so close to the malls we were interested going to to shop. I'd stay again. Did I mention the free breakfast? Yummy and plentiful. The staff is constantly restocking food so that no one goes hungry.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends