“We will be visiting again and again.”

Hyatt Place Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Although the location was a little off the stay was supurb. the rooms were spacious and very clean. The decor is high class. the staff was friendly and helpful. We were so happy with our stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is by far in all of the travel have done over the past years, the freindliest and most courteous staff at any hotel I have stayed at. Check in went very smooth, they even offered to show us around but we declined because of time contraints. The room was really nice and spacious, especially for the price and the free breakfast in the morning was good.

Room Tip: Any room would be fine, two beds and a sofa sleeper
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited with my 3 children. The staff was very welcoming from the minute we walked in the door. We loved this hotel. Very clean hotel, friendly staff, spacious room, comfy beds, great pool (even had beach balls and pool toys for my kids). The breakfast was better than expected. Would definitely stay again! Really great room for the price.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We drove to Auburn Hills from Toronto late afternoon of Christmas Eve to join family friends for Christmas day. The trip took a while - it was snowing quite heavily, we were unaccustomed to driving in that sort of weather and on the other side of the road (but were happy that we were going to get a white Christmas) and the border crossing took some time - so it was quite late when we arrived at the hotel. Most eating places on the way had closed for the holiday.

We didn't really know what to expect of the hotel so were pleasantly surprised at the welcome by two lovely ladies at reception who went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and organised dinner for us. The food they prepared was very tasty and fresh and much appreciated so we had a pleasant family dinner looking out at snow covered hotel gardens complete with Christmas lights.

Our two rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean and had everything we needed. Breakfast was pretty good also.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Littlescapes
Reviewed February 18, 2013

First visit and will be back.. From the time we checked in til checkout we were so impressed. From the front desk to the cleaning staff , they went beyond what i have experienced in other hotels. Staff was friendly and always so courteous. Even offered to bring us coffee refills at breakfast so we did not have to leave our table.. The free breakfast was delicious and so much variety, breakfast sandwiches, fruit, hot oatmeal, cereals etc. Our grandchildren loved the pool and it was the perfect temperature.. Our late checkout on a Saturday morning was accomodated with no problem.. Just a great visit!! .

1  Thank Levismama
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here after a concert at the Palace, and the location was perfect! The staff was friendly, helpful and the breakfast in the morning sealed the deal. Above and beyond a continental breakfast. We did not get a chance to use the pool, but it was clean and inviting. I would love to stay here if I was staying for an extended period of time. In house food, gym, and great location. Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Just treated myself to a 'Staycation' at this hotel and wanted to write a quick review.
First off, I've had my eye on this particular property for some time. It's in a GREAT location for concerts or other events at The Palace of Auburn Hills but this was my first chance to check it out for myself.

I booked the room via Priceline Express Deals for $66 which was a very decent price.
Check in was a breeze and the staff at this hotel is exceptional.
I asked for a room away from the elevator and it was no problem since the hotel was nowhere near sold out that night.

Entering the room it really is impressive how they use the space. The sitting area is spacious with a little mini-bar area/workspace and the bed is partially hidden by a separator wall.

There were a few minor issues with my room but they were not bad enough for me to call down and change rooms.
First off, the heating unit was not fully functional. However, even though it was 15 degrees outside it still did an adequate job.
Secondly, the light in the bathroom was VERY dim which made it somewhat uncomfortable.
The sleeper couch was not very comfortable but it served it's purpose and the bed was harder than I like, but to be fair I slept 7 hours straight through so it could not have been that bad.

I didn't use the pool or the fitness center but both were functional and looked nice enough.

The free breakfast was better than most places I've stayed at and the presentation of breakfast was excellent. However, for the first time I was disappointed there was no cliche waffle maker. Heh!
The hot selections (egg mcmuffin and mini pancakes) the day I was there were very good and the selection of coffee, juice and milk was exactly as one would expect.
There was also yogurt, fruit, cereal and bread/bagels to be toasted.

All in all I would absolutely stay here again, but I knocked 1 star off for the issue with the heater and the light in the bathroom.
Food service was great and the prices at the bar looked to be fair.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo