“Don't use the elevator”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed December 1, 2013

WE often stay here and have never had a bad experience. Friendly staff (especially Adam) Nice firm beds. Bath and kitchen were as they should be. No problems except the elevator gave me the creeps. Going down from the third floor it felt like it dropped a couple inches with a loud clang. I assume they will get it fixed ASAP. But if you don't like elevators to start with you would hate this one. I would encourage anyone to stay here. Just use the stairs until they get that elevator fixed. Although if you like excitement it might be just your cup of tea.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from I-75 which is close to the east end of the building. Our room was pleasa...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dave W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies for the elevator issues. I would like to ensure you that we are having the issues repaired. Still, we are thrilled to know that we have been able to provide you with a comfortable, friendly place to stay.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I just spent 4 nights there due to work. It was easy on ? off the express way. Some fast food places nearby as well as shopping at great lakes crossing 5 minutes down the road. Isaac was wonderful during my check in. It was quiet which was nice because I had to get up at 3 am each morning so the fact that I wasn't getting woken up by outer noise was great. Because I was leaving before the grab and go breakfast was put out at 6 I was offered some items from it the night before.

My only complaints would be - 1) the pillows. All but one smelled almost like dirty laundry and the one that didn't smell like dirty laundry smelled like perfume. I went and bought my own to use. 2) The dish soap they give you in a little packet produces suds only briefly when added to the running water then nothing. I couldn't tell that there was even anything cleaning the dishes. 3) When you have the shower head engaged there is still a ton of water running through the faucet. It doesn't switch over 100%. It didn't affect the shower pressure at all, it was good, just one of those things that bugged me because it was loud. 4) The dresser is low and the tv sits on it. Unfortunately you have to be propped up to see the tv or laying at an angle because the bed and your feet will block it.

These are minor things and I will be staying again next week due to work. I will just bring my own pillows and dishsoap!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MelissaT74
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Melissa - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know your concerns. I will have my maintenance engineer look at the shower in your room to correct the water running through the faucet and shower head. Also, I will speak with my staff and have them ensure all pillows are fresh and comfortable for each guest. We are sorry for these issues, but are happy to read that we provided you with a quiet, and friendly environment. I will be sure that Isaac and the rest of the staff sees your kind words.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Check in was friendly and efficient. The first room I was assigned faced the highway and traffic noise was extreme; the second room had very strong food odor. The third time was the charm as front desk clerk Krystal kindly upgraded me to a king room on the 3rd floor. Room was comfortable and had ALMOST everything - there were no hangers, no shampoo/conditioner and no blowdryer so bring them if needed! You may borrow a blowdryer and request some of the other items from the front desk.

Cleanliness was not perfect: carpet a bit stained, dresser a little dusty behind the TV and a few hairs in the shower, but all in all, the room was much cleaner than most people's homes! Bed was comfortable, bedding was super clean and bright white. Pillows were firm (rare these days!) and plentiful. Towels were fairly rough and small, but clean. Sinks seemed to drain slowly.

Small, limited breakfast offered: grab & go. I only grabbed coffee on the way out - it was good.

I was just there for one night and this place suited my needs at the right price. Friendly staff, like Krystal, was a bonus. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for room on a higher floor facing the back for quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank BHOLLING
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that your first two rooms did not meet your expectations. Still, I am pleased to hear that Krystal was able to upgrade your room and make it right with you. Also, I am pleased that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary coffee and had an overall great stay.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stay here pretty much once or twice out of the week due to my job. The location is a little awkward but I love staying here. The rooms are decorated so nicely and the rate you cannot beat. The staff members are outstanding; always so nice and friendly. One in particular that I love is Chauncey. She's always so sincere, going out of her way to help in any way she can. I forgot my phone charger and asked where was the nearest place I could purchase one and she let me use her own personal charger. You don't find customer service and hospitality like this anymore. I will continue to come to Extended Stay because the staff is superb and it really is my home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that Chauncey and the rest of the staff have taken such good care of you! We take pride in providing a “home away from home” environment at a reasonable price.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights and this was a great place to stay. I got a great deal online and for the price, this hotel is fantastic. It is a little hard to find, as there is another Extended Stay America a few blocks away, and this one is tucked in behind buildings, down a small winding road. There are a few fast food places 2 blocks away. The wifi worked great, the kitchenette was stocked with clean dishes and the appliances worked perfectly. Adam at the front desk was friendly and courteous. I would absolutely stay here again. Most rooms only have 1 queen bed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make each stay an enjoyable one for all of our guests. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

When I was looking on trip advisor for decent places to stay a night, this was rated as 4 stars. It was anything but 4 stars!!! The employees were fantastic, but the room and the hallway carpets were the ABSOLUTE WORST I ever seen. Ive stayed at many hotels over the years, n this was the absolute worst as far as carpets and blanket bedding go! We couldn't even take our shoes off until we got in bed, because your shoes literally stuck to the floor!!! I took pics n no one could believe it. The sheets were clean, n most people never use the top comforter or cover knowing that many places do not wash them regularly,but even the lighter blanket was covered in new stains,not washed ones!!! Oh n let me not forget, the reclining chair I slept in,due to a bad back was also so stained, I had to call down to front desk for extra blankets to put over it, so I was able to sit in it!!! As I'm sure you can assume by my review, I dont recommend it and wont be back!!!

Room Tip: I would highly advise if at all possible getting references from family or friends if at all possibl...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The condition you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To uphold our company's high standards, we will conduct a meeting with our entire staff to ensure this does not happen again moving forward. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at dah @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been staying here for almost for a month and a half and felt like if I want to be here back in this area for Couple months then I'm surely gonna stay here.
Staff working here are friendly, nice and helpful. Adam, Jason, Jeff, Ardith and many more, they are really doing the best job. Really Appreciate their work and helpful nature in order to serve their Guest.

Hope you will find the same experience here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had a calm and relaxing visit. As well, I am so glad that our staff was able to assist with this by providing you with exceptional service, especially Adam, Jason, Jeff and Ardith.