“Good n Clam Place to Stay for Long term”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good n Clam Place to Stay for Long term”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I have been staying here for almost for a month and a half and felt like if I want to be here back in this area for Couple months then I'm surely gonna stay here.
Staff working here are friendly, nice and helpful. Adam, Jason, Jeff, Ardith and many more, they are really doing the best job. Really Appreciate their work and helpful nature in order to serve their Guest.

Hope you will find the same experience here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had a calm and relaxing visit. As well, I am so glad that our staff was able to assist with this by providing you with exceptional service, especially Adam, Jason, Jeff and Ardith.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Mikki1224
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Since I was staying for business and for a long period, I wanted something close to many things but not busy with in and out traffic. This is the perfect location for such. During my stay I had an asthma attack one evening and the young lady, Chauncy, working the desk that evening was OUTSTANDING! She not only handled the situation professionally and efficiently but she was very personable with approach. She went above and beyond what was required and was instrumental in keeping me calm while waiting for EMT. Without me asking, she came to my room, sat with me and talked me down from what could have been a very bad attack. She couldn't have been more than 20 yrs old but her professionalism far exceeds her age.

Thanks Chanucy

Room Tip: easy access to I-75 and M-59 making all attractions and locations convenient.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our associate was of great help to you. She is our newest staff member and we are very proud to have her on our staff. I am also glad that you are feeling better. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed here several times and it is always great. Will stay again. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Locations is great. I like this one better than the one on Featherstone road around the corner. Staff is very helpful and kind

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Terrance - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make each stay an enjoyable one for all of our guests.

Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Please allow me to recommend Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75. The place is an excellent choice when looking for an affordable, calm and silent place to stay for a while or just overnight. I stayed here for 10 days and had a pleasant experience with everything.

The rooms and all inventory was clean and working, and everything was about brand new, which gave a very good feeling. The kitchen at my rooms had everything needed, the bathrooms were neat and shiny, the generous beds were not too hard and not too soft, and I never got disturbed of any reason at any point.

The free internet line worked as it should, also with good bandwith for videocalls, Also my gf remarked that the rooms were remarkably neat and fresh, with clean air and smell, especially compared with other places in compatible or higher price classes.

The parkinglot always had space for our cars, and the geographical position of the hotel also makes it easy to go to any place in the surrounding area. The Great Lakes Crossing Mall just a few minutes north via Interstate 75 is also a very good place for shopping, especially clothes.

The staff were friendly, effective, professional and serviceminded, and all together this invites to stay here again, also for longer periodes. I will probably have to stay for a longer periode in this area later, and I do not have to look for another place to go.

Thanks so much to all the staff at the hotel, and to other friendly guest I have meet here.

I say with The Governator, " I´ll be back"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff helped make your stay with us an enjoyable experience. As well, I am very happy that you liked our free WiFi and your clean, comfortable room.

Atlanta
Reviewed May 9, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days while in the Detroit area on business. Jayson, one of the front desk clerks, was extremely friendly. A true asset to the Extended Stay American Chain. The hotel was clean. My room was spacous, the sheets were white and the bed was perfect. I rarely take advantage of kitchenette's in a hotel, but during this stay, I used it for making breakfast and lunch each day I was there. By not eating out in restaurants for three meals a day, I actually saved nearly what the hotel total bill came to. I basically stayed for free. The only thing that I did not care for was the hotels breakfast. A few pieces of fruit, coffee, instand oatmeal packets and store bought muffins sitting on a sofa table in the lobby. Not my idea of a way to start your morning, but with a full kitchenette in your room, who needs it anyway. The hotel is directly off of I-75 and was very easy to get to. There are both restaurants and shopping in the area, which made the location perfect for me. Overall, a great place to stay. As a matter of fact, I'm going back to Detroit in two weeks and may very well stay at this specific Extended Stay America during that trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us. We strive to make each stay an enjoyable one for all of our guests, so we are very happy we were able to do this for you!

Michigan
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Had stayed at an Extended stay previously when attending a concert at the Palace of Auburn Hills, they have since moved locations, with the previous location being a Hawthorne hotel. Staff was friendly, was convenient to the Palace, previous location offered shuttle service, liked the previous location better was easier to find while this location is kind of hidden in an industrial buildings area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and would like to take a moment and personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about the staff being friendly and the location being convenient to the Palace of Auburn Hills; however, we do apologize that our location was not ideal for you. As the hotel’s manager, I can ensure you that I will have my staff better explain the location and area when guests make reservations.

Thank you so much for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to contact me at dah@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again.
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 5 weeks starting in January.We found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.The staff is friendly and we especially like Jason.He was very helpful and has a nice smile.We would stay here again.No frills but clean.Sandy the manager was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you very much for posting such kind words about your stay at our hotel. Our entire staff works day in and day out to provide a clean, comfortable and friendly stay for all our guests. I am so glad that all of our hard work paid off for you. To hear a guest say that they would choose our hotel again is the best sort of review - it is that loyal relationship that we hope to build with all of our guests. I will certainly pass on all your kind words to our staff.