Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75
$137
$122
Hilton.com
  • Pool
Quality Inn Auburn Hills(Auburn Hills)(Great Value!)
$80
Travelocity
$85
ExtendedStay
$84
All reviewsweird smellbusiness tripwould stay here againgreat lakes crossing mallhousekeepingfreewaypalace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel, I was only in town for a few days for a job interview and fouond that even though the hotel itself is a little off the beaten path ( not on a major road) I was still centrally located to everywhere I needed to be. I checked in and met a member of the staff named Ashley who turned out to be wonderful, she answered all my questions and directed me to my room. I got into my room and was suprised at the room itself, it was clean and fresh and very nicely decorated and my biggest suprise was the kitchen! That is a great feature seeing as how I would be staying for a few days and would be able to cook which is great for someone on a budget. On my way to my interview the next morning I was able to stop by the breakfast bar and grab a quick bite, they have a nice selction of muffins, granola bars, fruit and coffee, however I wish they would of had some sort of juice available for the non coffee drinkers like myself. Overall i enjoyed my stay very much and would reccomend that anyone travelling to the area give this hotel a try. The features they offer for the price makes it well worth it.

Room Tip: the of the hotel is right off of the freeway so ask for a room closer to the lobby to ensure a quiet and peaceful night
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. It's a pleasure to hear that staff members like Ashley took such good care of you and that our room amenities like our fully equipped kitchen worked out so well. I'm happy you liked our new Grab and Go breakfast; that is great to hear. We are happy you chose to stay with us and do hope to have you back again soon.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

Excellent extended stay hotel. I am in room 203, and was very angry at Adam, because he refused to give me a key to my room, even though I was locked out of my room (I had accidentally left my room key and cell phone in my room). However, it wasn't his fault, there was some sort of misunderstanding and I am no longer angry at him.
Overall, I believe that this is a top-notch hotel. In my opinion, it should be ranked #1 of 16, not #8 of sixteen. Clean rooms, friendly staff, and a great place overall. I am very impressed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you for your review. I want to start by apologizing the misunderstanding regarding your room key. I can understand how frustrating that would be and I apologize for the confusion. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for your kind words. We are happy to have you staying with us.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had a wonderful time at the extended stay, they offer a great service. It is a very nice clean place to stay. Extended stay is the best hotel I have ever stayed at. I'm very happy they have extended stays all over America, because my job requires me to travel a lot. At this location they have very friendly service, great leadership from Sandy, and Jason from the front desk is wonderful. All of the employees are great! I was very impressed with my stay and I would advise other people to stay here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent posting. It was wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was so happy to hear that Sandy, Jason and staff took such great care of you. We are committed to providing great customer service and it sounds like we delivered. We appreciate your business and hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I booked this hotel for about $440 for 8 nights. The staff at the check in desk were friendly and polite. As soon as I got into the room, I was amazed at how big it was. It came equipped with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, coffee maker, plates, utensils, pots, pans, and dish rags. I was expecting my room to be cleaned only once, but housekeeping came twice during my stay. There is only one elevator and that is if you go through the front entrance, but there are multiple entrances throughout the hotel. In order to get into the other entrances you need to swipe your room key. Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel and would definitely recommend this to a friend.
Pros: Cleanliness, wifi, free parking, hotel staff
Cons: Pillows (personally, they were uncomfortable, but one call to the front desk and they gave me new ones)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - I -75, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review about your stay at our hotel. The staff and I strive to provide great guest experiences by offering friendly service, clean rooms and comfortable accommodations. While I am very sorry that our pillows were not to your liking, it is very rewarding to know that we were able to do this for you overall!

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. Thank you once more for your kind words.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

We are moving to the area and needed a hotel until our apartment became available. The first night we came, the lady at the front desk was wonderful. But as soon as we opened the door to our room, we were assaulted with a thick tobacco smell, that lingered for the first week and a half, even after the maid service came. This hotel, however, is apparently non smoking. We are currently still here. Both of the chairs we have in the room are covered in brown stains. When we arrived, one of the burners didn't work. Contacted the front desk after a week of just dealing with it, and was told maintenance was on the way. This was at 10 AM. Maintenance never came. Told the nice front desk lady about it late that night, and was told they are having an inspection soon and that's probably why they didn't get around to it yet. Um... Isn't a paying customer supposed to be your first priority? Maintenance came the next day, but only after refusing to come into the room while I was gone due to my dog barking. My dog was in her kennel and the housekeeping staff were aware of this and had no problems coming in to the room.
EVERY time we cook, the smoke detector goes off. I make it a point to turn the fan on before I begin and even leave the windows open, and yet it still happens. Today, an obnoxiously loud alarm went off in the main hallway, and remained on for about 3 minutes. I'm not sure if it was a fire alarm or what, but I entered the hallway to see the housekeeping staff just standing around, and then the alarm stopped.
We were also told this is a business oriented hotel, and was very very quiet. On the floor above us, every night since we've been here, there are children running and jumping around in their room. We have complained twice, and there has been no change. One evening they were repeatedly running up and down the entire second floor hallway, like a herd of elephants. My fiance has had terrible problems sleeping and gets up at 5 am. Quiet hours are supposedly at 10 pm, but these children are stomping around well after midnight.
We were only given two pillows at check in, and are only provided 4 towels during the free housekeeping service each week. With two people, we are out of towels in a few days and have to bring them to the front desk in order to get new ones, or pay the housekeeping staff to come by an extra time. The hallways and laundry/vending area are kept at around 80 degrees, and we are currently under a heat advisory in the area. Doing laundry is practically torturous in those conditions. I turned the ac down in the laundry room to 72, and it was turned back up to 80 by the next day. I have had problems with my clothes still being damp out of the dryer. It also costs $2 to wash and $2 to dry in a STANDARD size washer/dryer, so after doing the first few loads here, I go to a laundromat on the other side of Rochester now. I spend less because they have the industrial size machines and my clothes get completely dry.
I would definitely not stay in this hotel again. The daytime hotel staff is completely unhelpful and does exactly the minimum that is expected of them. I'm so glad my fiance's company paid for this trip, because otherwise we would have changed hotels. I will be glad when we are finally able to move into our apartment.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review and our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As the hotel manager I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concerns satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.