“Decent choice for an overnight stay”

Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way from Grand Rapids to Bloomfield Village. We were only at the hotel for about 9 hours. Overall, the property was clean, quiet, and looked to be recently updated.

Service: The front desk clerk seemed like she did not want to be there. She was also absent for a bit when we tried to check out.

Room: The room was large with a mini-fridge and a large desk area where we easily set up the pack n play for our infant daughter. The bed was very comfortable! The vanity area was a bit awkward and small, but fine for just the two of us and the short time we were there. When we entered the room, the air seemed a bit stale or like the room had previously been a smoking room before renovations and the smell wasn't quite eliminated. Once we turned the air on for a bit, that smell dissipated.

Amenities: We weren't there for long and left early so we didn't try the breakfast (but did see them setting it up on out way out). It looked like there was a large selection of food and plenty of seating. Free high speed Internet was available but we didn't use it. The music playing outside at the entrance seemed unusually loud, but that may have been because it was a quiet weeknight at 10pm.

Overall, it was a fine (but not amazing) place to stay for the night and the price was great.

Stayed: October 2013
Tom K, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Thank-you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your stay. I sincerely apologize about your experience with our front desk associate. There are times that the front desk has to step away from desk area, but we will definitely take note of this and try to minimize that so that it does not take away from our attentiveness to our guests. We hope that you will give our property another opportunity in the future to serve your lodging needs.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

From Ohio, almost three hours away. Invited to a wedding and stayed at Quality Inn Auburn Hills. The hotel has just been remodeled recently or so it appeared. Everything was of the best quality including the staff! They couldn't have been nicer. They opened up the board room so we could gather as a family during down time. In the morning the breakfast was also amazing. Hot coffee and decaf, hot waffles, Scrambled eggs and potatoes, cold cereal, hot oat mill. fruit, yogurt, bagels, pastries, and I could probably go on and on. We have stayed in a Quality Inn in Georgia just once, and were not impressed. This one I would recommend to anyone. Also it is right off of I-75. Easy on and off access.

Room Tip: We were on second floor and had no outside noise, king size comfy bed, and temperature was good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay. Our staff takes a sincere approach to providing excellent customer service and I know that hearing complimentary remarks such as yours makes them feel appreciated. Hope to see you again when your travels take you through Michigan!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Called the Quality Inn at the very last moment to get a room because I was running The Brooksie Way half marathon the next day. Luckily for me, they had one room left and they also gave me a discount for being registered in the race. :) When we arrived they asked which floor we'd like to be on and I just said wherever is quietest so we were sent to the third floor. It was quiet, clean and comfortable, perfect to be rested for Sunday's run. Very friendly staff, great job guys! Even got a late checkout so I could come back after the race to shower before the long drive home...that was much appreciated! Check in and check out was fast and easy. Breakfast was adequate, and there is also a McD's across the parking lot. Outdoor pool looked clean and inviting, wish I'd brought my suit. Very happy with the hotel and gracious staff and will definitely book there again next time we're in the area.

Room Tip: Maybe ask to face the pool so you get a view of that and not the Roadway Inn lol.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for sharing your customer experience. I am glad we were able to accommodate you and provide you with a good nights rest before your big event. We look forward to seeing you again for any special occasion that brings you to our area and make sure to bring your swimsuit if it is during the Summer!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel was formally an Hampton Inn. Our stay was very pleasant, the staff, were very helpful, and the breakfast b8uffet was excellent. We able to check in prior to our scheduled check in -- made it very convenient. We recommend this hotel and we will definitely stay again when in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor on the side away from the front ;lobby are quiet and convenient to park...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank-you for providing our hotel and my staff such great feedback! We make every effort to do early check-ins whenever feasible and glad we were able to do so during your stay. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nice hotel, comfortable beds! Staff was very friendly from housekeeping to front desk. Very nice breakfast and again great staff to help with anything! Very good location for concerts at The Palace! Lots of restaurants nearby within walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for your kind words regarding your recent stay before and after your concert. I am glad you found our entire staff to be friendly and helpful. Hope you can visit us again for future events at the Palace!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was in town for a concert. The Hotel was nice. Its in a great location and the hotel has a really nice view of the lake area. Unfortunately I was staying on the side with a great view of the Roadside Inn. The room was very clean. It was a bit on the small side but it wasn't too bad. My only complaint is that the breakfast wasn't very good. The eggs and sausage were pretty nasty and the breakfast area is a bit cramped during peak times. I think I was down there around 9am. Other than that no complaints. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was quiet even with a ton of fellow concert goers in house.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank-you for providing us with your candid view of your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate that you shared with us that you enjoyed the nice, clean room and the friendly service. I hope that when you are in the area again you will give our breakfast another try and I think you'll find the quality of the food much improved as we have strived to better serve when large groups stay with us.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

A friend and I stayed here the night of Sept. 16. The Quality Inn is an excellent choice because of the value, cleanliness and comfort of the facility. What puts it over the top is the friendliness of the staff. I especially want to mention Pierre who spoke to me when I called to make my reservation. He was so helpful! He went over and beyond the call of duty. They are lucky to have him!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank-you for your kind words regarding your recent stay. We definitely do appreciate the personal touch that our associates such as Pierre take to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay from the moment they make their reservations to the time of check-out. Hope to see you the hotel again soon!