“Great intro to Quality Inn”

Quality Inn Auburn Hills
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Illinois
“Great intro to Quality Inn”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I frequent choice hotels quite a bit, but mostly Comfort Inns/Suites and Sleep Inns, and this was my first stay at a Quality Hotel. They could not have made a better first impression than their Auburn Hills location.
Although it is tucked behind a closed restaurant, it is easy to find. There is ample parking both in front and back, and the grounds are very well maintained. In person, it also looks a lot newer than the pictures would lead you to believe. Front lobby was also very clean and the girl at the desk was very polite, got me checked in very quickly, and even recommended some local restaurants (wish I'd followed her recommendation).
The room was very clean, very up to date, and probably one of the very best rooms I've stayed in for business (like some Fairfields I've raved about, but larger). The work area was nicer than what I have at work! The bed was very comfortable, and the TV was well situated and swiveled to be viewable from the bed, lounge chair, or desk.
Breakfast was very good - mini-omelets and sausage, great for staying low carb - and as some other reviewers have mentioned, the young lady managing the breakfast room was very friendly and doing a great job.
The friendliness of the staff continued as I left my room, when one of the housekeepers took the time to say good morning and wish me a good day. Heading through the lobby I was also given a friendly send off by the gentleman at the front desk. Very nice to see service like that. Great way to start the day.
Finally, this hotel was a terrific value over the other choices in the area, which is also a plus.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor. Rooms were very recently updated, quiet, and the fitness room is also loc...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Otowners
Tom K, General Manager at Quality Inn Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you so much for your response. We are extremely happy that we were able to make such a positive impression for the Quality Inn brand. With recent renovations we have made our guest rooms to be as accommodating to the business needs of our guests, as well as providing a relaxing environment to "recharge your battery" for the next day. Our staff maintains the property from the front entrance through the guest room - thank you for noticing. I was happy to hear that our entire team made your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit the Auburn Hills area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Business colleagues and I have met here numerous times in the past two months for meetings and have state overnight for most meeting. The location is excellent; conference room and hotel accommodations are pristine; hotel staff is professional, friendly and responsive. Every visit is a pleasure. Cannot recommend it highly enough. Great value.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. First and foremost, I want to thank you for your return visits to the Quality Inn Auburn Hills. Our team takes great pride in the cleanliness of the guest rooms, the conference rooms, and our public areas - thank you for taking the time to notice! We look forward to your future visits to continue to provide the great value you have come to expect at our property.
Ohio
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I was a little skeptical about this hotel after driving through some Iffy areas but it felt safe and was kinda tucked away. You have to pay attention as the driveway is behind an McDonald's.

The rooms were very clean and beds comfortable. What stood out was the staff. Especially the young lady at the breakfast area. What a gem she was. Friendly and kept the area well stocked and clean. She spoke to everyone and was pleasant .

I would stay again.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Ohiojo
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback regarding your stay. Your comments are extremely valuable to us. Our restaurant team takes great pride in providing a breakfast that is well stocked and exceptional service. I am excited to share with them your feedback as they have put a lot of effort into ensuring we have a great selection of breakfast choices and a clean dining area. Look forward to your next visit to the area!
Reviewed March 15, 2013

First at check in... Pleasent and peace of mind. Been taking care of... Staff met all request by my wife about higher floor...and provide us with direction to outback steak house. Open the door and enter in room... It was so clean and it is everything that we expected and more...

• Stayed March 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and cleanliness of the room. We always emphasize to the staff that it is all about providing a clean room and excellent customer service. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Thanks again!