“Like the new shower stalls”

Hilton Auburn Hills Suites
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
philadelphia
“Like the new shower stalls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed on the HHonors floor for the first time. I travel and stay here for work but rarely get on this floor. I like the stall showers instead of the tub shower - very nice! I also ate at the bar for the first time. Loved the fish tacos - had a bit of a kick to them too!

Room Tip: I like a room that faces the courtyard when I travel alone.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Russellville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Staff was friendly and helpful. I have seen hotels were the evening staff was the second string. Not here, they are great. A young lady even came to the elevator and pushed the floor button when my hands were full. Beautiful and clean rooms.

Las Vegas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I am a fan of Hilton properties and this is my first time at this location. Kind of reminds me of an Embassy Suites (another Hilton property) with the way the hotel is set up. The staff was very nice upon my check in. Took advantage of the breakfast buffet (was free due to my HHonors Gold status). Food was very good and staff was nice as well. The room is very spacious. All suites. My only disappointment was that there was no microwave. There is a micro-fridge which I am a big fan of in my room. Overall nice experience. Would stay here again.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

I stayed at this hotel when attending a concert at the Palace. The location and proximity to the venue worked well for this purpose. The room was clean upon arrival, but looked a bit worn and run-down. The bed was not very comfortable, and the pillows were flat. I requested extra pillows shortly after check-in and those never arrived.

I am an Hhonors member (with status) and received the opposite room that I requested - I wanted a room with a high floor and 2 bed, I received ground floor and 1 bed. I'd reserved the room 7 months in advance. I was told that I was getting breakfast vouchers since my reserved room was unavailable but I never got those, either.

This hotel is decent for one night but it did not measure up to my typical Hilton experiences.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
JasonMack2300, Front Office Manager at Hilton Auburn Hills Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
On behalf of Hilton Auburn Hills, please accept my apology for your unpleasant stay during your recent visit to our hotel.
We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal on this occasion.

We have made several positive changes over the last few months and I am confident that if you get an opportunity to experience our hotel you would be pleased.

Michael Falsone
Director of Front Office
toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very good choice in the area between Somerset mall and great lakes crossings. 10 minutes drive either way. Nice to have a second room. We also brought our dogs and were welcomed warmly. We could sleep in as there was no noise in the hallways and the cleaning staff were very respectful of this it seemed. Nice fireplace always on in the foyer as you enter and lots of parking. Rooms and bathrooms were renovated since our last visit and were very nice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were attending a wedding in the area and this hotel was close. It was a great hotel, very clean and modern. I would recommend this hotel for sure. I would stay at this hotel if staying in the area again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Okemos, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I tried doing something very nice for my family by renting us a room formChristmas. I used a majority of my HHonors Points. I rented one room for two nights and added an additional room for one night too. The room was clean when we arrived but that is all I can say nice. The check in process was ridiculous. I rented the second room upon arrival and was quoted a different price than what I was charged. Their system was down and no paperwork was done until later. I was quoted $89 and was charged $103 for the additional room for one night. That in itself was not too disappointing, though the quoted price while the system was down should have been honored. The buffet breakfast is over priced, cold, poorly restocked, and poorly staffed. Tables sat covered in plates and dirty while guests sat at them or nearby waiting for an extended period of time. Beverages were slow in coming and were never refilled. I waited for my family's table to be cleaned, our drinks to be delivered, had to remind the staff that we still needed silverware, and had to wait even longer for that. Even though the waitress apologized for her forgetfulness, the meal was still a disappointment. She never returned to refill our drinks or give us a bill. We left our payment on the table for 3 people. Later, I had to call the front desk to have maid service return to my room because all I was given was towels. My trash cans were not even emptied. When the employee came to complete the job, I requested 3 glasses for my family since there are three of us. There was a definitive language barrier; even pointing to them and holding up 3 fingers was hard for the employee to understand. The tub in my room is in disrepair. There was a poor patch job done that still shows layers of chipped material and the tub could not be used to take a bath since the drain was broken. A shower was our only option.The pool area was dirty and the hand rail to the hot tub was broken. The bar/grill is closed for the floor to be stained. I had to request a bill 3 times to confirm charges for the second room. there is only one baggage cart in the whole place and someone else was using it when we checked out since staff could not find it for me.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Angela W
JasonMack2300, Front Office Manager at Hilton Auburn Hills Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
On behalf of the Hilton Auburn Hills, kindly accept our sincere apologies again for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you. I know we spoke personally and my hope is that we were able to resolve the issues and compensated you accordingly. If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to a return visit so that you can properly experience our hotel the way you should have the first time.

Michael Falsone