“Good choice”

GreenLeadersGold level
toronto, Canada
“Good choice”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Very good choice in the area between Somerset mall and great lakes crossings. 10 minutes drive either way. Nice to have a second room. We also brought our dogs and were welcomed warmly. We could sleep in as there was no noise in the hallways and the cleaning staff were very respectful of this it seemed. Nice fireplace always on in the foyer as you enter and lots of parking. Rooms and bathrooms were renovated since our last visit and were very nice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chatham, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We were attending a wedding in the area and this hotel was close. It was a great hotel, very clean and modern. I would recommend this hotel for sure. I would stay at this hotel if staying in the area again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Okemos, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I tried doing something very nice for my family by renting us a room formChristmas. I used a majority of my HHonors Points. I rented one room for two nights and added an additional room for one night too. The room was clean when we arrived but that is all I can say nice. The check in process was ridiculous. I rented the second room upon arrival and was quoted a different price than what I was charged. Their system was down and no paperwork was done until later. I was quoted $89 and was charged $103 for the additional room for one night. That in itself was not too disappointing, though the quoted price while the system was down should have been honored. The buffet breakfast is over priced, cold, poorly restocked, and poorly staffed. Tables sat covered in plates and dirty while guests sat at them or nearby waiting for an extended period of time. Beverages were slow in coming and were never refilled. I waited for my family's table to be cleaned, our drinks to be delivered, had to remind the staff that we still needed silverware, and had to wait even longer for that. Even though the waitress apologized for her forgetfulness, the meal was still a disappointment. She never returned to refill our drinks or give us a bill. We left our payment on the table for 3 people. Later, I had to call the front desk to have maid service return to my room because all I was given was towels. My trash cans were not even emptied. When the employee came to complete the job, I requested 3 glasses for my family since there are three of us. There was a definitive language barrier; even pointing to them and holding up 3 fingers was hard for the employee to understand. The tub in my room is in disrepair. There was a poor patch job done that still shows layers of chipped material and the tub could not be used to take a bath since the drain was broken. A shower was our only option.The pool area was dirty and the hand rail to the hot tub was broken. The bar/grill is closed for the floor to be stained. I had to request a bill 3 times to confirm charges for the second room. there is only one baggage cart in the whole place and someone else was using it when we checked out since staff could not find it for me.

1 Thank Angela W
JasonMack2300, Front Office Manager at Hilton Auburn Hills Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
On behalf of the Hilton Auburn Hills, kindly accept our sincere apologies again for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you. I know we spoke personally and my hope is that we were able to resolve the issues and compensated you accordingly. If I can be of any further assistance please don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to a return visit so that you can properly experience our hotel the way you should have the first time.

Michael Falsone
Director of Front Office Operations
New Jersey, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2013

The Hilton Auburn Hills is a great hotel fro business or pleasure. I have stayed here several times fro business and have not been disappointed. The service is good. The executive lounge is good and well stocked. The gym is small but well equipped. I woudl stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Maple, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This is our second time in this hotel and we enjoyed our stay. The room were spacious and enough space for our family of 5. It was nicely decorated and clean. Pool was large enough and the kids loved it. We will definetely come back to the Hilton again.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. Comfortable, friendly atmosphere. Clean & luxurious rooms. Food/bar is a nice place to chill out for the evening. Heidi, Danny, & Chelsea are awesome & provide TOP NOTCH service! Only wish mgmt would engage them more in deciding what varieties of beer to stock. No holiday beers on the menu ( no Sam Adams Winter Fest or Christmas beer).

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Our stay was made awesome by the friendly, warm and helpful staff. The waitstaff in the restaurant went out of their way to be of service. Everyone we came into contact with was super friendly. The place was clean, beautiful and a pleasure to be at.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple