“Great Property less than average customer service”

Hilton Auburn Hills Suites
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
New Baltimore , MI, United States
“Great Property less than average customer service”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

as our title staes the property was understaffed and seemed to be overwelmed with the amount of patrons. they were very cordial in their attemp to cope but wore thin as more patrons arrived. We also had room service for breakfast that was completly cold.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

ColinWalsh, General Manager at Hilton Auburn Hills Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hi Kris M -

Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience with us and others here on Trip Advisor. We appreciate the feedback you've offered.

We acknowledge that we were a bit short handed during your stay - and that certainly didn't help your experience. We won't let that happen again!

Thanks and be well,

Colin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
guisborough
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The hotel ofered excellent accommodation and food. Nothing was a problem to the General Manager, Colin and Front Office Manager, Adam. I was training at the facility and they were very supportive for a number of last minute things I required. The room was comfortable and quiet which was what I needed ater a full day. Many thanks to a great crowd.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Hello Travguisborough -

It was such a pleasure having you here for those days - I really enjoyed the interaction that we had!

Your grup was wonderful to host as well!

See you next time your in the states!

Muskegon, Michigan, Usa
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Hotel was under renovation and very dusty and dirty, we were not informed of this before we booked the room . We were charged much more for the room at checkout than when we booked online . The commode didnt work properly .

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Columbus, Ohio, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The staff is really attentive and friendly - they really go ABOVE AND BEYOND!
I came in - had the wrong day reservation and it was late. They shewed me off to get a bite at the bar, checked me in, took my bags up AND brought me my key!
Bartender was very friendly and talkative - it was definitely nice to come to after driving almost 4 hours!!!
I was impressed by the room as well - everything new and modern.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Anji L -

Thanks for your review here on TripAdvisor.com. I'm glad our team did what they could to make you comfortable after your drive that day.

Oh, yeah - Is Go Buckeyes in order?

Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Hilton Hotel was one of the nicest I've ever stayed in. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable and the rooms were really nice and well decorated. I thought the setup of the hotel was really neat. The breakfast buffet was awesome. The staff was even wearing VCU Havoc T-shirts during our entire visit during the NCAA March Madness. There isn't much to do in the area, but the hotel's shuttle will take you anywhere within a 5-mile radius for free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Whenever I am over by Detroit, I stay at the Hilton Auburn Hills Suites hotel. The customer service is OUTSTANDING there and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Detroit area. Every staff member who I have interacted with has been excellent. As an example, my daughter had a cheer competition in Detroit and her entire team was staying at a Courtyard Marriott in Auburn Hills. Because of the excellent service at the Hilton Auburn Hills, I chose to stay there instead. Since the competition started early in the morning, we were going to miss breakfast at the hotel. I casually mentioned this to the front staff member. The next morning, room service was delivered to my room, with a fantastic breakfast for my daughter and me. AND they also provided her with a stuffed animal and a card wishing her Good luck. This type of service went above and beyond what I would have expected and it left a memory with my daughter that will last a lifetime. Thank you so much Hilton Auburn Hills Suites and I look forward to my next stay there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
JenniferGG168 -

Thank you for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.com! I'm glad you and your daughter had a memorable experience at our property!

See you next time your on this side of the state,

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The hotel staff were friendly, helpful, and went above and beyond to accommodate the needs of our large group. The rooms were very spacious and comfortable, and the atrium was a great place to hang out. I also ate several meals off the hotel restaurant's menu, and everything I had was well-made and delicious.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AbbyB80 -

Thanks for sharing your experience with everyone on TripAdvisor.com! We really enjoyed your group during the NCAA tournament. VCU was such a pleasure to host!

Let's hope the Palace of Auburn Hills gets another opportunity to host a tournament - and VCU plays in our region!