“Very impressive!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Toronto, Ontario
“Very impressive!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2007

The hotel seems fairly new and well designed. The room could not have been better. It was very spacious and clean. I was struck by the stark white bedding. It looked very clean, fresh and appealing. The mattress was SO comfortable and the pillows were great. The bathroom was very large and clean. The management staff was very friendly and accommodating. The only negatives were that the main restaurant was over-priced with average food, and the pool area was so hot that a few people felt faint. We have already booked for next year to attend the annual Woodward Dream Cruise.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Restaurant
  • Stayed August 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2007

Nice hotel. The staff was friendly and the atrium is gorgeous. The room was good and clean, except for one problem. The tub had black mold growing about the edges. It needs to be resealed. All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2007

My room was clean and comfortable.

Parking was free and ample.

The restaurant in house was decent and decently priced. Although, the pancakes are gross - taste like sugary cardboard.

The gym is cramped. The hallways look a little dingy.

I noticed the Staybridge's rate is slightly higher than the Hitlon.. for the price, the hilton is a suitable alternative to the staybridge.

Stayed May 2007
Rochester
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2007

My wife and I HAD a long standing tradition of staying at this hotel for our valentines day getaway. The hotel itself is beautiful and could be extremley romantic. Unfoutunalty some, and I stress some, not all, of the staff were very rude and made us feel that we wernt worthy of thier presance.
BE CAREFULL BOOKING A PACKAGE WITH THIS HOTEL!
My wife and I booked the " Romance Package" through Hiltons web site at a premium price. Only to be told at check in that they never heard of the package therfore will not honor it. I went to thier business center, pulled op Hiltons web site and printed the package details right there. Management seemed dumbfounded that I did that. They read the details and still denied the package. After a few minutes of professional arguing I decided to let it go, as not to ruin our weekend. Only after asking for the Managers name and business card, did things change. I guess the threat to write the corporate office changed his mind. Only then did he decide to honor our package. In essance, its a shame that we had to go through all that on what was supposed to be our romantic getaway.
We have stayed there many years for valentines day, and it seems every time we had a problem with the staff. But this one was the last straw. Unfourntunatly we will persue another hotel next year for our get away.
Good luck with your stay. The hotel is a beautifull design, but could use many updates, as it seems the furniture is orginal and shows alot of where and tear, and the staff could use some hospitality training.

• Liked — The Architecture
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank hfsnotory
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2006

I stay at this hotel fairly frequently, and on each visit have been annoyed by different problems as it seems management is not keeping the place in the best of shape. I've had stays where the bedside phone didn't work, the light above the desk was shorted out, burnt out light bulbs, room phone not working, etc. Service is okay but not always the most friendly. Often I have to make several requests before maintenance problems are fixed. On the upside, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are spacious. I just wish it was a better kept hotel. It's definitely showing signs of wear.

• Stayed April 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gulfport, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2006

I used to stay here regularly (3 or 4 times per year). Howver, the last two stays have convinced me never to stay here again. As an example, here's waht happened on my last stay:

Check-in. Key doesn't work. Return to to front desk. Key doesn't work. Return to front desk. Key works! But, there is someone in the room already. Return to front desk. Was told "Impossible! there can not be anyone in that room." Ya, right. Get key to another room. Key works! But room not made up (this is 11 p.m.). Get key to another room. It works! Room made up!

The next morning I ask to speak to a manager. Explain what happened. (just explained; no yelling or swearing or screaming or threatening). I was told "Stuff happens." Ya, right. Return that evening (after 8 p.m.) Room not made up.

The prior stay was not as bad as this, but not good either.

I understand that "stuff happens." But rehappens?

The hotel is located close to the stadium. The restaurant is typical Hilton Suites as is the decor, etc. Think Holiday Inn if you have never stayed at one of these.

Lots of groups with kids stay here for softball/baseball/etc/ tournaments. this is neither good nor bad, but expect a fair amount of noise and "hall running."

4 Thank ab0si