“Easy in and out”

GreenLeadersGold level
Wisconsin
“Easy in and out”
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago for one night, so my sample size isn't as large as others on here, but what I did see from this hotel impressed me. I stayed in December when Michigan weather can be nasty cold, so the room's nice heating system really hit the spot. Easy check-in process, plenty of parking on site. I didn't try the restaurant or bar downstairs, but it had a solid crowd from the looks of it.

For only about $100 or so, this was a terrific choice for a quick stop. Not sure if I'll find myself in Auburn Hills in the future, but if I do then this will be my choice.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lake St. Peter, Canada
Reviewed July 27, 2014

I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills 4 times. My last stay was July 21st to 24th. The staff were always helpful and courteous, rooms were clean. The food served in the restaurant was good. The location is excellent, it's right off I75. I used the gym every morning during my stays, the equipments were well maintained.

Room Tip: I always asked for 4th floor and above, and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Parma, Ohio
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

The hotel and rooms were nice, the a/c unit vibrated the wall by the headboard all night. My credit card number was stolen after staying there, which may or may not be a coincidence, when I called the hotel to report this and see if anyone else reported this happening, the manager didn't seem at all concerned, or that he would look into it.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank angelcat216
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We take our responsibilities quite seriously and are compliant with all security protocols. As we had communicated to you we are meticulous with steps taken to protect data. We're available any time to discuss further concerns you may have.
We appreciate your patronage and hope to have the opportunity to be your host again.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel met our expectations for the price that we paid. It had more of a dated feel and felt more like it was made into a hotel from an apartment building. It was clean and had everything that we needed, but the rooms had poor lighting. The only thing I would change is the lighting in the rooms and bathrooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for allowing us to be your host. We're quite pleased you found our hotel to your liking, and thank you for your insight regarding lighting. Our conversion to LED lighting throughout the property is ongoing, I'm sure you'll find the results favorable. Please, come see us again!
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for one night while in town for a concert at the Palace, which is about 2 miles away. Check in and out were very easy.

room: Our room was nice with 2 double beds and comfortable bedding. There's not much of a view as there's really nothing around the area to see, other than office buildings. The room was clean and the bathroom was typical. A small perk that's pretty nice is that they put a makeup remover towelette in the bathroom. That's not typical of hotels but it should be.

Breakfast was included in our stay and was pretty decent with a big enough variety. It's also served until 1 pm! There's also a bar here where you can have other meals. We didn't eat there but had drinks. They did serve a local riesling, which was a nice touch. I like to taste local wines if possible.

When going to a concert at the Palace, they recommend you take a shuttle that's not offered by the hotel. It's $20 per person and comes at certain times. Parking at the Palace is $15 per car. Though everyone talked about how hard it would be to get out of the parking lot after the show, the traffic didn't seem all that bad. We took a taxi to the arena for $11 each way. We took a shuttle to the bar/restaurant across the street after the concert to wait out the traffic and call a taxi. It's easier to call a taxi to come to the restaurant than to come back to the arena.

Staff: The restaurant/bar staff at the hotel were extremely nice and welcoming. However, we were in an elevator with about 5 or 6 people from the housekeeping staff and they never even greeted us. Maybe the management should provide hospitality training to the housekeeping staff. A little smile or greeting goes a long way in making people feel welcomed.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beach bum in ohio
Good Morning,

We're quite pleased you found the many amenities and services we offer our guests to your liking. We do try to offer the best insight we can regarding Palace events in the hope we can ease the logistics of your experience. I'm glad to know post-concert egress was fairly easy, though so frequently that is not the case.
Thank you for choosing our hotel, we do hope to be your host again!
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I was here for a weekend getaway. This hotel was in a good location as there was easy access to the Somerset Collection mall which is a really nice mall and it's also close to several restaurants and stores. It's near the freeway which is beneficial to get almost anywhere and about a 25 minute drive to downtown Detroit. The hotel was quiet and not crowded at all when we were there. I liked that the pool did not close to adults so we had the pool and whirlpool to ourselves when we went later in the evening. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was really comfortable also. My only complaint was that room service never seemed to bring enough towels and when I called to ask for more towels it took a really long time for them to bring them and they still did not bring what was requested. Overall a really nice stay and I would recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Komoka, Canada
Reviewed July 13, 2014

So convenient for shopping at Great Lakes Crossings. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was nice and warm and didn't lose any water pressure.
We enjoyed a delicious buffet breakfast with lots of selections. A great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends