“The best hotel in Auburn Hills!”

Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Royal Oak, Michigan
“The best hotel in Auburn Hills!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I had an opportunity to stay at this Crowne Plaza in Auburn Hills on a recent business trip and was pleasantly surprised.

They have a program called breakfast to go where I literally received my hot breakfast to go within five minutes.

I was also able to check in avoiding the front desk by checking in myself at the kiosk.

And finally they had this awesome device where I can plug my iPad in two and watch my movies on the flatscreen TV.

If your corporate traveler and have to stay in the Auburn Hills area I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2013
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello Motor City Kevin,

Thanks for choosing our hotel during your time in Auburn Hills. I’m quite pleased to see you were able to take advantage of the latest guest amenities we have introduced to our hotel. These, combined with our full service restaurant, 24 hour pool and fitness center, and our staff dedicated to your satisfaction insures our Crowne Plaza is most competitive in our market place. We know you have many choices when travelling and are glad you were willing to give us the opportunity to be your host. We hope to see you again, soon!

Kindly,
Chuck DeSantis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Worthington, Ohio
Reviewed August 12, 2013

WOW! While I always look for ways to highlight a facility before mentioning the negative experiences this hotel has none to mention!! Customer service was the BEST!! From the front desk reception to the maintenance staff. EVERYONE was so pleasant, polite and helpful. The grounds were immaculate, the restaurant (O'Malleys) food choices were plentiful, diverse and very well prepared. Presentation of the food was excellent. The attention to detail exhibited by all staff made this a very enjoyable stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My daughter (14) and I decided on a last minute trip to Great Lakes Crossing (first time) for a well needed break and booked this hotel as it was one of the few available for this weekend and I was glad I did!

It was a good 4.5 hour drive in the morning so a very long day.

Staff from Front desk, to pool service, to breakfast staff all exemplary.

Very clean, gracious, quiet hotel.

Sauna very nice ~ wish I'd had more time to indulge.

Perhaps not the most convenient hotel in the area for shopping at Great Lakes Crossing ~ we were told that the shuttle does not operate on weekends, but, nevertheless we had a nice stay.

I would almost give it a perfect score except that I'm still waiting to Holiday Inn Express to honor my rewards points from a previous stay and this hotel is part of this group. In other words, when things don't go well with IGH............oh well.

Thank you to the staff at Crowne Plaza for making all the difference in our stay ~ you all did a fabulous job!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2013

At the near end of an extended stay away from home, a laundry issue potentially causing a scheduling problem and loss of rest for me was obvious and un avoidable...... Then came Pam !!!!!!! Mr Anderson, ill take care of your problem you go get some sleep. Well... My problem was solved! Pam your the best thanks so much!!!!

• Stayed April 2013
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Hello Jimija,

Thanks for bringing Pam's actions to our attention. We're quite proud of her and her Team Members who very willingly go the extra mile to help their guest. I'm also pleased to see you enjoyed yourself in our Restaurant/Lounge, O'Malley's. We cook from scratch for everything we serve, striving to please. I hope you'll choose us again when your travel plans bring you back to Auburn Hills, we'd love to be your host again!

Kindly,

Chuck DeSantis
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed overnight after a concert at DTE Center. The staff was very friendly and location very convenient right off I 75. This was a quiet hotel as we never heard anything from our room. A little dated but their pricing fairly reflects this. Our room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The restaurant served a good reasonably priced breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again and recommend it for this area.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor which was just fine.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

hope to visit again in January

• Stayed October 2012
Cleveland Akron Ohio
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I saw some negative reviews that almost made me look elsewhere after I had made the reservation. I booked 4 rooms for myself and 3 other business travelers. We were all very pleased with the accommodations. We stayed July 29/30/31, 2013. The rooms were modern and appear that they have been recently refreshed. Very nice room. Bed was very comfortable with excellent linens. The bathrooms were very roomy. Looks like they may have kept the original tile floor in the bath but other than a minor crack where something heavy was dropped, the bath area was very nice. Generous supply of towels, soaps, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Free Wi-Fi was fast and east to connect to. Nice indoor pool area, hot tub, sauna and exercise room. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Only thing I would change is move the room coffee pot out of the bathroom. I cannot use a food item that is kept in the bathroom. Put it on the desk in the room. The O’Malley’s Pub that is part of the hotel was excellent. Quick service and reasonably priced. Excellent food although I would have appreciated a vegie burger. Never understood why restaurants don’t serve vegie burgers. They can be kept frozen for a long time and simply microwaved when needed and served on any burger in place of the meat patty. But the twice baked potato soup and the mac & cheese along with the salad offerings were all excellent. Full bar service. Our stay included a free breakfast buffet and it was very well prepared with a good variety. I would definitely stay here again.

Green Features: Hotel does have a standard green policy as posted in bath.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business