“Great place go stay, great food, great people!”

Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 10, 2013

At the near end of an extended stay away from home, a laundry issue potentially causing a scheduling problem and loss of rest for me was obvious and un avoidable...... Then came Pam !!!!!!! Mr Anderson, ill take care of your problem you go get some sleep. Well... My problem was solved! Pam your the best thanks so much!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
CPAuburnHills, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Hello Jimija,

Thanks for bringing Pam's actions to our attention. We're quite proud of her and her Team Members who very willingly go the extra mile to help their guest. I'm also pleased to see you enjoyed yourself in our Restaurant/Lounge, O'Malley's. We cook from scratch for everything we serve, striving to please. I hope you'll choose us again when your travel plans bring you back to Auburn Hills, we'd love to be your host again!

Kindly,

Chuck DeSantis

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed overnight after a concert at DTE Center. The staff was very friendly and location very convenient right off I 75. This was a quiet hotel as we never heard anything from our room. A little dated but their pricing fairly reflects this. Our room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. The restaurant served a good reasonably priced breakfast in the morning. I would stay here again and recommend it for this area.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor which was just fine.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

bit modifications required

hope to visit again in January

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I saw some negative reviews that almost made me look elsewhere after I had made the reservation. I booked 4 rooms for myself and 3 other business travelers. We were all very pleased with the accommodations. We stayed July 29/30/31, 2013. The rooms were modern and appear that they have been recently refreshed. Very nice room. Bed was very comfortable with excellent linens. The bathrooms were very roomy. Looks like they may have kept the original tile floor in the bath but other than a minor crack where something heavy was dropped, the bath area was very nice. Generous supply of towels, soaps, lotion, shampoo and conditioner. Free Wi-Fi was fast and east to connect to. Nice indoor pool area, hot tub, sauna and exercise room. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Only thing I would change is move the room coffee pot out of the bathroom. I cannot use a food item that is kept in the bathroom. Put it on the desk in the room. The O’Malley’s Pub that is part of the hotel was excellent. Quick service and reasonably priced. Excellent food although I would have appreciated a vegie burger. Never understood why restaurants don’t serve vegie burgers. They can be kept frozen for a long time and simply microwaved when needed and served on any burger in place of the meat patty. But the twice baked potato soup and the mac & cheese along with the salad offerings were all excellent. Full bar service. Our stay included a free breakfast buffet and it was very well prepared with a good variety. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2013

A friend and I stayed here recently while attending a concert at The Palace. The service at the front desk and in the pub downstairs that we received was great! The good was really good too. The room was sufficient for our one night stay - beds were very comfortable! I only wish our room had a little mini-fridge for our drinks! (The bathroom sink filled with ice sufficed.) Proximity to the concert was good too. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stayed here in July 2013 because my daughter and friend were attending a concert at The Palace. It would be PERFECT if they had some sort of shuttle for concert-goers. It took me 45 min to drop the girls off, and more than 45 to go pick them up, even though the drive was about six miles round trip!

The room was fine and the bathroom was quite big, which was nice. Even with the curtain clip to hold the curtains closed, we were awakened by the crack of dawn because there was a space by the air conditioning that couldn't be covered. The desk employees varied in friendliness, but none were rude.

We used the pool (bathwater!) which had a really neat lift (hot tub too) for people needing assistance getting from a wheelchair into the pool. The fitness room had decent cardio equipment, but the weight machines were in need of a bit of maintenance. They seemed a bit sticky.

The food at O'Malley's was good, but the service was terrible. The waitress forgot two things, didn't come back to ask if we needed anything, and I had to take the bill to the bar to pay, where I had to cool my heels for several minutes until she came out of the back.

In spite of that, I'd stay there again. It was fairly quiet, clean, and the location was very handy.

Room Tip: Don't choose one on the east side of the hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

rooms are very nice, they have nice comfortable beds and the staff are very good, I have stayed there 5 times in the past few years and I am always very pleased, it looks like they have recently updated some of the rooms as well,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family