“Great wedding weekend”

GreenLeadersGold level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great wedding weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

At a wedding last weekend in the ballroom at the Crowne Plaza, I was very surprised that the food and service were so good. Not only were the entrees excellent, (a large cut of encrusted salmon plus a perfectly cooked filet), the service was fast and attentive without being obtrusive. One guest at our table had to have a gluten-free entree, and it arrived exactly where it belonged with no fuss whatever. They even had gluten-free bread for her. The next morning at brunch, the restaurant had a rush of people, but there was a huge variety of food, and lots of it, and all the the servers, (including Julie, I didn't get the rest of their names), were informative and never stopped offering to help. I received the same professional attention at the front desk. I just needed small things: directions, change for a large bill, I even forgot my toothbrush, and it was as if they were there only for me. Vonda and Mashawn were standouts. I had to travel a long way for this wedding and was very pleased to receive such detailed and courteous treatment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Clarkston, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stopped by and got a to go order for husband and I. He got the herb marinated chicken breast and I had the pecan encrusted salmon. Both were wonderful. Have eaten there before and again, service and food were delicious.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Waterford, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

I was part of a planning committee for the Pontiac Central High School Class of 1972 Reunion.
on September 21,2012 ; we had a " Meet and Greet" party at O'Malley's. Christine Lusk, Banquet Manager, was great to work with in setting up our party. She communicated with us before and after the event. The servers and bar staff couldn't have been better as well as the food that was served during our event.Kevin, the manager on duty, gave us great service as well. We will defintely consider O'Malley's and the Crowne Plaza for future events as well as provide referrals

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Aurburn Hills, Mi.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

I eat out at O'Malley's often. The food is excellent and the menu has many choices. I enjoy the salads, the main courses, everything. What great meals they serve. Speaking of service, the staff is gracious and quite helpful. Especially servers Roxann and Julie. They make every visit enjoyable because of the great service they give. Good service makes the meal very enjoyable and creates repeat visits to O'Malley's.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Crowne Plaze of Auburn Hills, MI is a place I would come back to anytime. I would not even consider staying anywhere else in the immediate area or beyond. The restaurant manager Mr. Kevin Nance has gone far and beyond making my stay in Michigan more than memorable. I have never felt more at home in a hotel anywhere in the world than here. The Bartenders Carol and Roxanne were such a delight and I look forward to seeing them again in the near future. The food is comparable to many fine dining establishments I have been too and the service has been impeccable. My compliments to the chef for the lettuce wraps, the cajun beef tips and the nachos are to die for. The staff in this hotel all deserve compliments and raises in pay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would choose this establishment over any other in the area.

Mr. Kelly H. Bielefeldt

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Harrison Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel several times after concernts at the Palace or DTE Music Theater. It is a very clean, and comfortable hotel. The newly renovated rooms are quite nice.

O'Malley's, the on-site resturant/pub, is great too. Friendly, helpful staff.

I highly recomend this hotel, you will be treated better than family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Troy, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here when attending a concert in the area. The staff was very gracious and we had some of the best food ever in the restaurant. I can't say enough good things about our stay here, we will definitley go back when the need arises to stay in the area again. The steak and eggs breakfast was so good my husband has gone there just to have it again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple