Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Auburn Hills
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 4, 2011

Due to wedding planning, I had not slept well in weeks. I had to make a quick overnight trip to Rochester Hills for work and was thrilled to finally check in to the hotel after a long day of being on the road. The lady at the front desk was very sweet and when I got to my room, I was pleased to find it was modern, spacious, and had a huge king bed - nothing short of what I expected for a Crowne Plaza property. The bathroom was huge! A little bit outdated, due to the brass fittings and black granite/tile mix, but really no complaints - it was huge, good water pressure, and plenty counter space to spread out my overnight toiletries. When I finally went to bed...I slept straight for almost eight hours and it was quite possibly THE best sleep I'd had in a month at that point. The bed was comfy, the room temperature was awesome, I woke up without sweating, totally rested and felt fantastic. I missed the complimentary breakfast the next morning, but I loved being able to sleep in and relax before heading off to the office! It was also very close to our Michigan office and I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
IHGCare, IHGCare at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2011

Dear liladyti,

Thank you for review regarding your stay with the Crowne Plaza Hotel Auburn Hills. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business.

We are always happy to hear when a guest has a wonderful experience at one of our hotels. We are very glad to know you were able to get a great night's sleep. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Myrna Molina
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 11, 2011

We stayed two nights and it was pretty good. Staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice ther than the bottle left from the last guest. The bathroom was big but not what the office shows on the website. The shower curtain wouldn't shut all the way since the bar it hung on was lose. O'malley's was very good. It is close to the palace which s nice. If in the area again would stay again

• Stayed: April 2011
ehager, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Greetings!

Thank you very much for your detailed review on our hotel, the Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills. We take every review extremely serious because it is a wonderful way to improve our service to our guests.

We can assure you that the shower curtain situation has been looked into and solved.

We take great pride in our location to the Palace and the superb restaurant that we have in our lobby, O’Malley’s Tavern. We look forward to serving you again when you are in the area. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

Thank you!
The Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills Team

Reviewed March 17, 2011

The price is ok, includes a great breakfast buffet But that is where hte compliments end. Check in is at 4 , we arrive at 3, just to see and was not greeted very warmly at all. The girl at the front made it quite clear to us that because we booked through expedia there are no guarantees of any room request (We simply asked not to have a wheel chair room as we had that one before int he same hotel and found it very uncomfortable). She went on to say"I've worked in 5 hotels and the policy is the same". She was very snippy and treated us "expedia" customers like we were second class. We had lunch and came back at 4 only to be checked in and receive the most aweful view of the rooftop of the swimming pool,which included nothing but rocks and vents. Nice. Found out seocnd morning that breakfast coupons are for the buffet which ends at 9 on week days. We were told 7 -11 by front desk. My advice? Save some money and stay at the Hyatt, much classier rooms with fridge and microwave and separate sitting area and service always top notch. Very disappointing stay thanks to one disgruntled employee on a power trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2011

I was expecting to go to a concert and stay in a room where I was just a guest and it was just another day.I am soooo glad this was not the case.I checked in with a limited ammount of time to get ready for the show eat and make sure I knew where i was going and needed to be to get there.I was so relieved to know I was in great hands.
The front desk staff calmed me down and let me know things were very well under control.I ordered room service wich was prompt warm and exactly what I ordered.I then was worried about traveling to the concert ( since I was not from the area) Again the staff was there I asked the best way to get from the Hotel to The Palace ,I was informed the location was very close and that a cab could be gotten in a few moments notice,I arranged for a cab pick up and that was The show was amazing !
I returned and had just as good of a time being at the hotel .
Dont pass up any chance to explore the hotel.its very nicely laid out and very well kept.The staff will amaze you with charm and genuine personality as well as a profesional atittude .Your stay will be amazing and you will want to return.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
ehager, Manager at Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Hello!

First, thank you for such a wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are constantly trying to better our service and receiving reviews are the best ways of doing so! We take great pride in not only our wonderful team members but also our location to The Palace.

We are so glad to hear that you had a great time at the concert and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Thanks again,
The Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills

Reviewed February 7, 2011

We had a great time here. The staff was very flexible for our circumstances. Great pool, hot tub and sauna which were all very clean. Believe me, Detroit in January, the hot tub and sauna felt great. Nice reception on Tuesday night was very appreciated. All staff contacts were very pleasant.
All in all a great experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Hello – We are so glad that you had a positive experience at our hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We take great pride in our facilities and team members. We hope that if you are ever back in chilly Detroit that you choose to visit us again. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience a delight.

Thanks again,
The Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills

Reviewed February 4, 2011

The snow storm of 2011 had forced me to stay at the Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills. What a pleasant surprise after such a stressful day! I had a spacious corner room with the most
comfortable King sized bed! The room was immaculate, with all the ammenities I could ask
for. I went to the restaurant for dinner and WOW! Great friendly staff, the manager present
and talking to all the guests. To top it all off, the food was AWESOME! The ribs were out of
this world! Thank you all for making a stressful situation very Pleasurable! I'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Greetings!

Thank you so much for your review on TripAdvisor about the Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to get home after that horrific snow storm but we are so glad that we were able to keep you company during your stay. We take great pride in our team members, facilities and restaurant!

We hope that you don’t get stuck with us again but hope that you are able to take a pleasurable trip to see us soon!

Cheers!
The Crowne Plaza Auburn Hills Team

Reviewed January 20, 2011

Stayed at the Crown Plaza of Auburn Hills for three nights over the holidays. Had a wonderful time, as always. As a frequent customer, i can attest to the always pleasant staff, and clean, comfortable rooms. Proximity to I-75 is a big plus for me, also. i have stayed there approximately a dozen times, and have never had a bad experience. Highly recommedended.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo