“Not worth the money”

Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Hudsonville, Michigan
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed here for one night to attend the State Wrestling Finals at The Palace. The staff was nice but the property was not that great. I paid $117 for a two queen room. I stayed in room 311. The window drapes had cigarette burns in them?? Really? They did not catch this during a room inspection? The wallpaper behind the television was also bubbled and coming off. The bathtub was stained and the white was coming off. The tub faucet was leaking and the floor was not clean. The room refrigerator was loud as was the heater. Another thing that irked me was the elevator. There was one of those yellow "slippery floor" signs draped over the inside elevator hand railing. It stayed there for two days. Very unsightly and not professional. I had to stay in the area again I would not stay here. Try staying at the Hyatt Place across the street. Friends stayed there and had a better experience. Or try staying closer to Great Lakes Crossings Mall. The hotels there looked cleaner.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed February 12, 2013

It was relatively clean, did find a dental pick on the window sill. Stayed overnight, did not stay for the breakfast. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I would stay there again, however, if I was staying more than one night, I might stay someone with more ammenities.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Fletcher, North Carolina
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed here one night for a quick business trip. This hotel is just OK. There are much better places to stay in the Aurburn Hills area. It is a little dated. Perfectly adequate but I would look elsehwere. The Marriot on Centerpoint Pkwy would be a better choice. I have stayed there many times. It's is top notch and a good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Canada
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights last weekend. Our room was clean, front desk people were friendly and helpful. Breakfast is typical Fairfield Inn type. This hotel can difficult to find. It is located behind Wendy's. If you see Wendy's, there is a driveway next to Wendy's, follow the drive way to Fairfield.Inn in the back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Elmhurst, IL
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is by far the worst Marriott I have yet to come across. The rooms.. Beyond outdated. I heard everything from the room that is behind us... or so it seemed. The bathrooms are the size of a small closet and don't even think about sleeping on the side that faces 75. The best thing about the hotel besides the free breakfast is the Courtyard with an amazing staff next door! The extra $20 is worth it.

Room Tip: Just walk next door to the courtyard. There amazing.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cornelius, North Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

I think this place was an old motel that they converted to a Fairfield. The lobby was nice, staff was friendly but everything else screamed motel. The room felt dirty. Just wasn't what I expect when staying at a Marriott property (I stay at a lot of them). I travel too much to stay in places I'm not comfortable.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I couldn't have been happier with my stay! Every staff member I encountered was beyond friendly. I was looking for local attractions and restaurants and I was given very good directions. The FREE breakfast was a perfect start to my day. My room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I'd stay again and recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay while away from home!

• Stayed September 2012