“Very convenient location and price”

Baymont Inn & Suites Auburn Hills
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed September 12, 2011

In my experience this is very good value for money. On the 4th of July weekend almost all hotels were high priced. We found a very affordable room at Fairfield and the location is very convenient, easy to reach from I75, close to Great Lakes Crossing and middle way from Detroit to Birch Run and Frankenmuth at a fraction of the price of the hotels there. The service is kind, the buffet breakfast is very good. If you expect a Marriot resort standard you will be dissapointed. Is business standard and since I like to park in front of my room we were happy with the exterior corridor. I would repeat it if I come back.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I haven’t seen one of these in a LONG time. An exterior corridor Marriott property! That in and of itself is not all bad, but the property is old and needs updating. I stayed in a 2 room suite which was large and well equipped with micro/fridge 2 TV's, one a 32" flat screen and the other 25" tube and a whirlpool. The furniture in the suite looked like "Early American Garage Sale" decor, with stained old style fabrics. The King bed was comfortable and the pillows were decent. The bathroom was the size of a closet on a cruise ship, VERY small. You could barely close the door. Ceiling shows signs of leaks, some were fixed, others were not. They should sell this property to Choice Hotels where it would fit right in. The price was good, but not THAT good. Breakfast was OK. They had free dinner served during the weekdays. Go to McDonalds.

I rate this property a 65 out of 100 (likely lower if i didn’t have the extra space from the suite) and a 75/100 for value.

Sorry Marriott, very disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Not only is this hotel is at a great location (close to Great Lakes Crossing and also Birch Run outlets), but it is also very clean, with very nice staff, and a delicious buffet breakfast. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if we're ever in the area.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The Hotel Manager at this Fairfield Inn, Tony Hirmez, was incredibly dishonest. We needed, for family business, to visit Auburn Hills to clear a son for a concussion from the 2010 football season. We receive the clearance on a Saturday, and were able to cancel our Monday specialist appointment. However, the manager, Mr. Hirmez refused to work with Expedia to change our reservation, demanding that we pay the full amount, even though we could check out on a Sunday morning. As such, I will never work again with Expedia, or stay in another hotel owned by A&M Hospitality. I would caution anyone staying at a Marriott property owned by A&M Hospitality because of the apparent lack of integrity and flexibility shown by this incident.

Room Tip: Don't stay at a hotel managed by a Hirmez, or a hotel owned by A&M Hospitality!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Truth_Teller_72019
Reviewed July 11, 2011

This hotel was absolutely awful. I was supposed to be staying here for 5 nights and am now leaving after the second to stay at the Hyatt. First of all this hotel is beyond hard to find. I had to call the front desk in order to find it. Turn by Wendy's because there are no signs that say Fairfield Inn. When I got into my room there were no towels at all. There were only 2 small washcloths. I called down to the front desk to see if I could get some towels. The "boy" on duty said in a very rude voice can you come down and get them. Then that night the fire alarm went off a 2am!!!!! It ended up being a false alarm. Someone was smoking too close to a smoke detector. SMOKING IN A NON-SMOKING HOTEL!!!! Basically do not stay here it is not worth your money. Also the sheets are disgusting and look all worn out. Most Fairfield Inns are nice, this one is not. AVOID at ALL COSTS. The only nice thing is that they are not charging me for canceling my last 3 nights.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank catherine456
Reviewed July 10, 2011

I booked this hotel based on the Fairfield Inn Name and location. I booked two rooms. the rooms we were given smelled of mildew and wetness. We were given new rooms that were worn-out and had stains all over the carpet. I included pictures of the bathroom mildew and mold. There is nothing around this hotel. The AC was very noisy and all of the hallway doors needed oil and padding .... we could hear everyother guest enter and leave thier room. On the plus side there was a nice free dinner provided.

Room Tip: not for families.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2011

We were generally happy with this hotel, though there were a couple of detractions. The pool is outdoor and wasn't open when we got there. Kids were disappointed but that's my fault. The staff was friendly and generally attentive. The room and public areas were mostly clean, some stains on the hallway carpeting. Not a big deal. The breakfast was ok, no yogurt; and it's hard to eat healthy; two bananas is my limit. I would consider coming back but I would investigate other options as well.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms offer more security.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family