“Too expensive for what you get”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Auburn Hills
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having stayed at other area hotels, I think this one is over-priced...you are paying for the location (on mall property). The walls/floors are THIN and if people get up at 4AM you will hear them. The breakfast was not enjoyable for adults. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kitbop
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Dear kitbop,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. It is great to know you found our room accommodations to be comfortable. I am sorry however that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to expectations. We take all reviews negative or positive very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean & comfortable hotel. Great staff with a wonderful breakfast. Rooms are great & beds are super comfy. Conveniently located adjacent to the Great Lakes Crossing Mall so many options for dining & shopping. Great value! Second stay & it won't be our last - this is where we'll stay if we travel back to the area

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2013

One of the pricier joints in Auburn Hills I must say but it is nice. Very clean place, Friendly desk clerk. Nice room. Good TV, wifi worked great. An Amana A/C that didn't groan & rattle. Even the dreaded Inncom thermostat worked well and kept the room cool while letting me run the fan all the time for white noise. Didn't try the contraption on the throne. Great breakfast, huge eating room though awfully hot. Didn't get to try the pool. Only complaint some might have: my double queen room had no space for table and chairs. 1 chair at the desk so if 4 stay in the room, plan on sitting on the bed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I used this hotel to book a room for myself and several of my guests for my wedding. The entire process of checking in and getting to my room was flawless. They offered a shuttle service which was really important to me because I knew a lot of my guests were counting on it. They were very prompt, friendly, and great drivers. All of the staff was very welcoming and approachable. I'm so happy I decided to stay here for my wedding night!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here March 4th-6th. Great room and so close to the mall...practically in the same parking lot. When you arrive there is fresh baked cookies and a pot of hot coffee. A nice treat after travelling for a couple of hours. Stayed at this hotel to go see an event at the Palace of Auburn Hills (P!nk). Hotel was a great choice. I would highly recommend. Breakfast in the morning was plentiful and delicious. Everything was exceptional!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've stayed at the Hampton Inn, and now here. As much as a fan of going shopping with my wife and two daughters to the huge Great Lakes Crossing...I like to have a place to watch TV, and have a nap. This place is much, much more. Our room was spotless, the bed was extremely comfortable. Breakfast was pretty good, for what it is, and if you're not happy, there is a McDonald's not too far away. We had a great stay, and I'm sure we'll stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall experience was great. The location, cleanliness and easy acess makes this a no brainer. Very close to the shipping area and additional restaurants as well as the Palace of Auburn Hills. The hotel offers a shuttle service for a radius of 5 miles and has come in very handy when a vehicle is not available or you are not certain where you are going. Always enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business