My husband & I went to a marriage retreat in February of 2013. Our room was a suite & was quite clean & very nice, actually. The only problem I had was the conference room was very small for the size of group that was at the retreat. We felt crowded into the room & that made it a bit uncomfortable. Breakfast was okay, since it was continental & provided what a person would typically get in a typical hotel. I always bring my own food, since I am Gluten-Intolerant & the continental breakfasts usually offer things that are not what I typically eat at home (I eat mostly Organic foods & of course, Gluten-Free foods).... I do wish these places would use "real" dishes & coffee cups, etc., since the chemicals in styrofoam leach into the food & drink... Very few of the hotels or Inns use the real thing, sadly. ......Also, I suppose that since it is a Holiday Inn "Express", that's why the entry way is quite small. there's really no place to sit & read a book in comfort, because of all the people going in & out & also the workers are right there..... Our room had a nice sofa & table & chairs, so it would be fine for that.... just no other place in the building for privacy.... I think I am a bit spoiled by Essenhaus Inn & Conference Center in Middlebury Indiana and the B&B's we tend to stay at ;-)
If you're looking for a quick stop, this is a good choice. Clean. Offers Breakfast. Nice staff.... Certainly NOT a place that encourages romance for a Marriage Retreat. (But that was the choice of whoever set the retreat up). It does have a lot of shopping & several restaurants right there, since it is right next to the Great Lakes Crossing Mall & other shopping areas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy Variety and Convenience at Our Auburn Hills Hotel The Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Auburn Hills, is 10 miles from Oakland County Int'l Airport (PTK), and offers a free shuttle anywhere within five miles of the hotel, except DTE or The Palace. This suburban Auburn Hills hotel near Metro Detroit, offers activities from shopping at the neighboring Great Lakes Crossing Mall to watching a Detroit Pistons game at The Palace. You'll find something new to do every season, such as splashing away the summer heat at Waterford Oaks Water Park, just three miles away. During the winter you can go skiing at Pine Knob just five miles from our Auburn Hills lodging. Our hotel near Metro Detroit is conveniently located for business travelers, with the corporate headquarters of companies such as Guardian, GM, Continental and Chrysler within five miles of the hotel. Crittenton Hospital is only seven miles from our Auburn Hills hotel. If corporate guests need to host a meeting, we offer two rooms that they can utilize, as well as a 24-hour business center. Our Auburn Hills accommodations offer wonderful amenities such as free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access, and a complimentary hot breakfast bar. Take time out to relax in our heated, indoor pool and whirlpool or enjoy a workout in the 24-hour fitness center. Our Holiday Inn Express Hotel in Auburn Hills is delighted to meet all of your hospitality needs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, IHG, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel Auburn Hills
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites
- Holiday Inn Auburn Hills
- Auburn Hills Holiday Inn