“Great for kids!”

and up
SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium sends guests through a highly themed aquarium that brings you nose to nose with sharks, stingrays, jellyfish, seahorses and over 5,000 underwater creatures. To get any closer, you'd have to get wet!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Activities for young children
Reviewed July 8, 2017

I brought me 3 grandchildren, ages6-9 in June at 2pm. With the kids go free discount it was definitely worth the price. I also bought the Ranger pack and they loved stamping their book. The employees we encountered throughout were knowledgable and patient with questions.

Hayley A, General Manager at SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2017

Hello Debby,

Thank you for taking the time to write write such a kind review of SEA LIFE Michigan on Trip Advisor. I’m glad you and your grandchildren had a good time. Our staff work very hard to make sure that each guest discovers something amazing and love to answer questions about our fishy friends. We hope to “sea” you again soon!

All reviews
"gift shop"
in 23 reviews
"crab"
in 7 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"scavenger hunt"
"great for kids"
in 6 reviews
"annual pass"
in 7 reviews
"great lakes crossing mall"
in 8 reviews
"rainy day"
"play structure"

Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Stopped here yesterday, and as two adults, we enjoyed our visit, the staggered entry times made it enjoyable and helped reduce crowding at the tanks. We bought our tickets online and added the behind the scenes tour for an extra $3, great value. Sam was our tour guide and she was very informative and answered all of our questions. The animals were active and the tanks were clean, thanks for a great visit!

Hayley A, General Manager at SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for recently visiting SEA LIFE Michigan and for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you had an amazing adventure during your visit to our attraction! Our staff works hard to make sure that each guest who comes to SEA LIFE Michigan has a great time and it is wonderful to hear that we have met that goal. We hope to ‘sea’ you again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

I took my kids, ages 7 and 8 to this. The animals and exhibits were beautiful to look at, but for $45 I expected a lot more. We in and out in about an hour and that includes browsing the gift shop. My kids enjoyed though. I did like how you can come back later, but we drove 90 minutes away to see this so staying all day wasn't really an option for us. I may come back another time because my daughter wants to go back for her birthday, but I'm not looking forward to paying those prices again for such a small place.

Hayley A, General Manager at SEA LIFE Michigan Aquarium, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2017

Hello Bobbie S,

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor! I’m so glad you enjoyed the our amazing creatures and exhibits. When you return hopefully you will have time to attend one of our educational talks and feeds that are offered throughout the day. I would also recommend our behind the scenes tour where you get to see how our talented team of aquarists care for over 250 different species! Plus, you can always upgrade your tickets to include admission to LEGOLAND® Discovery Center, the ultimate indoor LEGO® playground – the perfect birthday treat! Most families spend about 3 hours at LEGOLAND Discovery Center, so it would help you get the most out of your trip!

Reviewed June 27, 2017

The aquarium is very small and definitely nothing spectacular. The aquarium is definitely geared towards families with young children. Without young children, we walked through in about 20 minutes and that included watching the sting rays get fed. Save your money and just go to the Detroit zoo. The aquarium does not have many exhibits. For the price tag $$ I would expect there to be a lot more to do and more exhibits to see.

Hello,

Thank you for visiting SAL LIFE and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I hope you will be willing come back and give us another chance. While our aquarium is smaller, we have over 5,000 creatures to “sea” and explore and I would encourage you to check out our Behind the Scenes Tour to learn more about how our talented team of aquarists care for all the creatures!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2017

The aquarium is nice but very small for the price. I went to the Toledo zoo paid the same price and the aquarium there is just as big and included with your zoo ticket. The touch tank is nice but again they have that at the zoo also. I was disappointed in this attraction.

Hello Angela H,

Thank you for visiting SEA LIFE and taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor! I hope you will be willing to give us another chance– We have many talks and feeds throughout the day that you can “dive” into which are included in the price of admission. Also your ticket permits you to come back as many times as you would like the same day for more fishy fun!