“Nice venue for a concert.”

Palace of Auburn Hills
South Bend, Indiana
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Nice venue for a concert.”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Myself, wife, daughter and her friend attended a concert at the Palace recently. While we prefer a smaller more intimate setting for a concert, we really enjoyed our experience. The sound system was quite good for such a large venue (the Detroit Pistons play their home games at the Palace) and with the "jumbo-tron" there really is not a bad seat in the house. There are several on site fast food dining options as well as full-service bars ($$) All in all we enjoyed our night at the Palace.

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Wake Forest, North Carolina
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Good staff, excellent experience, clean.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We have been to two concerts to the Palace and had an excellent experience both times. We have not attended any basketball games. The seating is good (Neil Diamond concert) and fairly comfortable. The staff is attentive and helpful. At another concert, the seating was not sold out, so they voluntarily moved us to better seating. I did not request handicapped seating (though I could have) but I found out that there is plenty. I used their own box office for one performance and again found it the staff very good.
Warning: get there early or be prepared to wait a long time to get to the parking lot. Go on line and find the back entrances to parking - that will be a little easier. There is handicap parking - be sure to ask for it if you qualify, but again get there early even for handicap.
The facility is right off a major highway and easy to get to. There are lots of eating places in the area. I suggest you find one and avoid that overpriced dining. Any of these places have absurd prices.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Margo Z
Durham, North Carolina
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 240 helpful votes
“Nice venue for a large event or sports - but the parking...ugh!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

You get what you expect at the Palace. The main thing I like about it is that it is easy to navigate and has plenty of parking. However, the entry and exit strategies are awful. Once I am there, I am pretty happy about what's offered, the pricing (expensive but not overly so compared to other venues), service, and food options.

For a basketball game, I really enjoy anywhere in the arena, save for the very high seats. The sightlines are pretty solid everywhere.

For concerts, I really hate the floor seating - which is not any different anywhere else honestly. I love the 100 level for concerts, unless you have Club seats, which are far better of course!!

If you go, give yourself plenty of time for entry and parking. Then when you are done, take your time and don't get frustrated when you are waiting to leave!

Visited June 2013
Ohio
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“GREAT EVENT LOCATION”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

.Seating is great and they have handicapped accessible seating available but you need to call ahead. Plenty of parking and several access points. Read the Palace website about parking. If you are dropping off people make sure you get a receipt and they will refund your money. Guest Services is awesome and always helpful.

Visited July 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Always a great concert venue”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Took my daughters to see One Direction. Seats in the Club 300 level. Loved it up there! Good food, nice bar area and no bathroom lines!

Visited July 2013