“...not like it used to be...!”

Romano's Macaroni Grill
Ranked #19 of 131 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Late dinner for a Monday and decided to check out a place that has a good rep for a nice sit down meal, not too fancy but good, above average Italian faire.

What a let down; not like it used to be! Waiter was not concerned about what he served or when. When the food came out he did not ask me how my salad was or even my main course as he was too preoccupied about telling the bar patrons about his upcoming trip to Vegas. By the way the salad was warm and NOT fresh. The lettuce was wilted and warm. The lasagna was mediocre at best. I had finally waited and listened to his conversation long enough and I had to go to the bar to pay my check. SAD!

Their focus was certainly not on the quality of the food or the service. This was a place where we would bring a group of customers to and spend 200 to 300 dollars for dinner...What happened to the Mac Grill that we once knew...?

By the way, I am being generous at giving them 2 out 5 rating.

1  Thank JayRay61
There are newer reviews for Romano's Macaroni Grill

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I love Macaroni Grill but this was my first visit at this location. We went here for my wife’s birthday. It was kind of a larger party, more than a dozen guests, so we expected the service to be slower than normal. However, we didn't expect to have to wait over an hour and a half for our food. That was unacceptable.

Most of the food was alright but not nearly on the level that we've come to expect from Macaroni Grill. My soup was tepid and my chicken parmesan was burned. If we hadn't had to wait for so long to be served I would have sent it back. My son ordered a kids chicken tender meal and it was so small that I offered him some of my chicken as well. He declined since it was burned and accepted some of the pasta, which wasn't bad. Needless to say, we won’t visit this location again. There are too many other decent options in the area that are less expensive.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We stopped for dinner at about 7:00 pm on a Wednesday evening after dropping a son at OU. We sere seated quickly, and had our order taken promptly. We asked for and got butter instead of oil for our bread; bread was above average herb bread.

Our server was average -- not great, but not an embarassment to the company, either.

Service was very slow from the kitchen to the table -- particularly for a slow night. The restaurant had probably 10 parties in total at this time, and plenty of employees floating around. It was over half an hour before our pasta entrees arrived.

My husband ordered shrimp fettucine, which was nicely presented, and included a decent portion of pasta, but included only 6 small shrimp. Taste was average.

I ordered pasta from the "order your own" option, and loved it, although it was somewhat cool by the time it arrived at our table. I included grilled mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. The side Caesar salad was freshly tossed and served in a chilled bowl. Portion was average; taste above average.

Overall, the food was average to above average, service was just OK, and the price was too much for this kind of meal.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Service was ok, not spectacular in the lunch rush, overall decent quick italian in a fairly casual atmosphere.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Went their for dinner, the atmosphere is very nice. The wait service was good and quick. Our waitress was very attentive. My wife had the zits, which she always orders and I tried the whole wheat spaghetti. I have had better whole wheat spaghetti, but it filled me up.