“Overpriced”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 26, 2013

First, let me say that the atmosphere in this place is pretty cool. My son loved all the meschanical animals, the rainforest theme and the storms every 10-15 minutes. I, on the other hand, could not get over the prices! Yikes! Hard to find any dinner plate that didn't cost almost $20 per person. Had the food been spectacular, then maybe that would have changed my mind, but it wasn't. It was okay, at best. So, this will most likely be the last time I venture into the rainforest cafe again.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

The wife and I have been taking the kids here for years, and we always receive great service and very good food. I wouldn't go so far as to say the food is outstanding, although it is quite good. However, we really enjoy the atmosphere and the wait staff. Every single employee there has gone out of their way to provide great service and friendly interaction. The kids love the decor, the thunderstorms, the animals, and of course the tropical fish that are on display.

1  Thank Pentastarm
Reviewed May 15, 2013

The kids lvoe coming to the Rainforest Cafe. I could pass it up and not look back. Food is over priced, and average. Service sucked the last time I was to the Auburn Hills Michgan location.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was our first visit to the rainforest cafe and what a lovely visit it was too. We took our 2 year old granddaughter who loved the aquariums and the animals all over the restaurant. The food was excellent and the service was superb. It is a little more expensive than the normal everyday restaurant. The food was also of a superior standard and well worth the extra cost. The menu was varied with lots of lovely choices. Will recommend this to everyone and will try and fit in another visit before we go home.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Rainforest Cafe is a fun place to eat! The fish aquariums are beautiful and the make believe animals are just as fun. The food was very good, but it is a bit pricey. Not a place we could afford on a regular basis, but certainly wonderful for special occasions.

One note, my three year old thought the thunderstorm experience to be a bit too loud. It happens every half hour, so we just walked out to the R.C. store to look around when it happened. It wasn't as loud there.