“Just have drinks and apps”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #2 of 131 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Rainforest served our group of 20. Kids love it. Wait staff has improved tremendously since my last review. Food is dicey at best. Staff is trying. They were very nice to us.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Took my family out here to eat because its kind of like a kid friendly Margaritaville. Nicely decorated with the jungle like decor. Every 45 minutes or so there comes a "rain shower" which excites the fake animated "animals." Could be frightening for very little kids....kids 6 and older will probably enjoy it though.

Our server was good....we were well taken care of. Our food was OK...not the best I've ever eaten, but not the worst either.
All in all, I wouldn't go there for a romantic dinner, but if you have kids, it fills the bill.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

this is a neat idea, but these guys didn't build upon it, so so food at a high price bugers are dry and flavorless , i dunno maybe they are plastic too like the alligators

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had dinner there last night, 5 people, terrible food and service, the waiter was impatient and very distracted even though the restaurant was 1/4 full, I took two bite from my Philly steak sandwich and became nauseated from the smell and the taste, I had to spit the second bite out, called the waiter and asked him to smell it, he did not but gracefully took it back and asked me if I want something different, I lost my appetite so I stopped there, my wife had the fried shrimp and it was OK, one of the kids had fish and chips, so greasy and has a weird oil taste , I guess they use the frying oil over and over again. the appetizer plate had no taste ( $18) , the chicken parmesan was terrible too, on the way back home I started burping with a bad odor even my wife could smell it from the passenger seat (disgusting) ,and the whole night I was burping and having heartburn, toward the sunrise I started vomiting and the rest of the GI unpleasant experience, it looks like a food poisoning and hope it will be self limited, my wife kept on getting heartburn during the night and took plenty of Tums, I do not know about the kids yet since they are still sleeping.
we will never go back again, terrible experience, lousy food , better of at Chuck E cheese with Pizza. the only good thing about it was the fake animals and the greenery.
Take my advice, it is not worth it especially if you get sick.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

we've been to a several rainforest cafe in the U.S.but the one in Michigan is horrible! the food has no taste... even there mac&cheese has no flavor at all!!! they have to do something about it coz i will tell all my family and friends not to go there anymore. Pricey! No flavor! Not good! Not coming back!