“Nice place, cold food....”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #2 of 135 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went there to celebrate Father's Day. Though I have a Landry's Club card, no attention was given to it, as a matter of fact I think the guy at the podium did not even know what it was. We were seated in less than 10 minutes though , can't complain about that.

Our server, Patrick, was truly nice and interested in us having a great time. But it doesn't go much further than this .

I know it is a very popular spot, but our food came cold to the table. Not even warm, cold. Come on! The food at this place is very overpriced, the least it had to be was pipping hot! Patrick seemed genuinely embarrassed and asked us if we wanted to return the food or have it warmed up. Though we felt compelled to leave, we were all hungry, and decided to give them a chance.

Food came back 10 minutes later, and yes , it was hot, but the taste was not the same. Really tasted like something that had been warmed up, not cooked fresh to order.

All the tables around us seemed to be having a good time, so I prefer to relate to this as an isolated event, rather than saying this is their standard.

They have an awesome atmosphere at the Rainforest Cafe , and were it not for the cold food, we would have had a great time.

We'll try again and maybe have a different opinion about it.

2  Thank Theresa K

Reviewed June 13, 2012

Since this is located in a shopping mall, the main focus is luring in shoppers with little children to spend all their money. The Auburn Hills location is much the same as other mall locations the selection was limited and the price was high.

My wife and I both ordered sandwiches (TukI's Turkey Club & Bamba's BBQ Wrap). They were both tasteful but overpriced since all you got was a glob of coleslaw and potato chips. The surroundings were neat with the thunderstorm and the animatronic animals.

I don't think I would return unless our children dragged us in.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

The restaurant is not very big and it is annoyingly loud in there. Even the kids said they would never go back. And the prices are expensive. If they want people to be able to bring their kids there they need to lower the prices. The popular volcano dessert was $13.99 - its brownie and ice cream with a sparkler on top - ridiculous to charge that much! Food was good but not worth the price

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Like every other Rainforest Cafe around. Lots to spend your money on, lots to look at, their Kids Night is pretty cool (ballons & face painting) but the cost of items is way over-priced. Simple burgers (no sides) are at least $12 for the same thing you can get at any Denny's for $6-8. Paying for the surroundings. Fun but it will cost you.

1  Thank JBRZEZ
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Food was good and the atmosphere was fun. We have a 5 year old and he really enjoyed the decor and animatronics. My husband really enjoyed his burger and I had the turkey wrap which was also good. Price point wasn't too bad ($40.00 for the 3 of us before tip). I was able to use my Landry Select club birthday credit of $25 toward the meal so that was a bonus to bring the total down to $15. We've been to T-Rex in Orlando as well and this restaurant isn't nearly as noisy.