“Typical Toursit Restaurant”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #2 of 129 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, Canada
“Typical Toursit Restaurant”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Since this is located in a shopping mall, the main focus is luring in shoppers with little children to spend all their money. The Auburn Hills location is much the same as other mall locations the selection was limited and the price was high.

My wife and I both ordered sandwiches (TukI's Turkey Club & Bamba's BBQ Wrap). They were both tasteful but overpriced since all you got was a glob of coleslaw and potato chips. The surroundings were neat with the thunderstorm and the animatronic animals.

I don't think I would return unless our children dragged us in.

• Visited June 2012

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Freeland, Michigan
“Thought kids would love it”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

The restaurant is not very big and it is annoyingly loud in there. Even the kids said they would never go back. And the prices are expensive. If they want people to be able to bring their kids there they need to lower the prices. The popular volcano dessert was $13.99 - its brownie and ice cream with a sparkler on top - ridiculous to charge that much! Food was good but not worth the price

Visited June 2012
Oxford, MI
“Great atmosphere but costly”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Like every other Rainforest Cafe around. Lots to spend your money on, lots to look at, their Kids Night is pretty cool (ballons & face painting) but the cost of items is way over-priced. Simple burgers (no sides) are at least $12 for the same thing you can get at any Denny's for $6-8. Paying for the surroundings. Fun but it will cost you.

1 Thank JBRZEZ
Chatham, Canada
“Fun Mother's Day Lunch”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Food was good and the atmosphere was fun. We have a 5 year old and he really enjoyed the decor and animatronics. My husband really enjoyed his burger and I had the turkey wrap which was also good. Price point wasn't too bad ($40.00 for the 3 of us before tip). I was able to use my Landry Select club birthday credit of $25 toward the meal so that was a bonus to bring the total down to $15. We've been to T-Rex in Orlando as well and this restaurant isn't nearly as noisy.

• Visited May 2012
Dallas, Texas
“Eat somewhere else!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

My kids liked it, myself and my wife, didn't really like it. We waited for 15 minutes for the waitress to even come by and introduce herself, food way overcooked and not worth the money spent, staff was unhappy. I'm not normally one to complain, but this was just horrible! Eat dinner somewhere else!

• Visited March 2012