“Anniversary”
Review of Lelli's Restaurant

Lelli's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lelli's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 131 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

The name is an institution in Detroit going back to the original location on Woodward in Detroit which had a fire many years ago & disappeared for awhile.
This is the long standing replacement in Auburn Hills which is very good but very expensive. The atmosphere is old school but not too old. All male waiters is still the tradition as is the wonderful food! If you walk out hungry, you are either a pig or have a tapeworm.
I would recommend Lelli's to those who enjoy a good meal & a nice quiet evening in a Detroit institution.

1  Thank bruceb815

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I found the food below average. My husband and I both ordered the filet. I have had better. The service was so slow. Staff not friendly at all.

2  Thank Foodlover6656
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our third visit to Lellis and we have to say that it was our best experience yet.
When calling in for the reservation I was unsure if I wanted 5:30 or 5:45 and the woman who had answered said no problem and that they would see us between 5:30 and 5:45, I felt this gesture was very accommodating and helped for us not to feel too rushed.
We were lucky enough to have Ryan as our Server who went above and beyond in ensuring our dinner was outstanding. We explained to him that we had tickets for a comic in downtown Detroit and that if possible we needed to expedite the evening a little bit, leaving by 7:15. Ryan ensured that this happened without compromising the quality and elegance of the experience. My husband had the Allegrini, Palazzo Della Torre and I had the Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, Karia, Chardonay which we both enjoyed; I actually loved mine. Lellis has that old school Italian feel, similar to Marios downtown. They provided the antipasto tray, salad, minestrone soup and side of pasta which is all very good. We ordered their famous shrimp lelli which is awesome! The sauce that it is in is so so good. I was trying to watch my carb consumption but could not resist taking a piece of bread and dipping in the left over sauce. My only thought was that I wished there were more than just four shrimp. We both had the filets which were cooked to perfection served with their standard potatoes and beans. Definitely a great start to our night out. We will be back and ensure that we have Ryan as our Server

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Been a loyal customer for decades but their hay day is far in the past. It was filthy, horrible and slow service, the food was cold and or microwaved (differed depending on the course) salty and just not good tasting or good quality. Don't bother sharing your concerns with the staff, especially management cause they don't care and are extremely rude and unprofessional!

2  Thank Lisa K
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I took a friend to the Auburn Hills' Lelli's in March, 2014 as a thank you. I had purchased the Groupon. However, it had apparently expired so was only worth the $30 that I had paid for it, not the $60. When the bill came, it had deducted the entire $60. I paid the bill, left a tip based on the full amount of the meal and left. The food and wine were fine and our service at the time was acceptable. I just received my American Express bill and the restaurant has added the $30 back in without notification. I called and was told that the Groupon expired and they could not deduct the entire $60. I understand that but I feel it was very underhanded to add the price back in after I was gone. It was their mistake at the time and should have just taken the loss. There was no offer of apology, etc. I will not be going back.

2  Thank jkm2002