“Agree with all the bad customer service comments”
Review of Lelli's Restaurant

Lelli's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lelli's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 129 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kansas City, Missouri
“Agree with all the bad customer service comments”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This restaurant gets 2 stars only because the food is very good. The customer service from the young, not ready for prime time host who grees you to the rude bartendress to the water boy who literally dropped our silverware on our table before sorting it with no napkins to the totally incompetent waiter. Who is managing these people and who trained them?

Have always gone to one of the 2 Lelli's restaurants when I travel to Detroit on business. Have had terrible experiences at both now, including last night. I guess it was the last night people could use their groupon coupons and it was crowded and the retsurant was not closed to being perpared for the crowd.

Young, incompetent, rude servers from the time we got there to the time we left 3 hours later. Not what I expected from what it considered an upscale restaurant. Do not even blame the help. I blame the Management. Too many things went bad last night to list them. You will be disappointed with the service levels here.....trust me. They will not be seeing me again....I promise.

2 Thank Patrick C

• Korean first
“Mother's Day Dinner”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Leslie's is a mixture of good and bad! The person who checks you in upon arrival must have been one of the owners or their family. His demeanor was rather poor as he ignored patrons coming in in leu of answering the phone! Also his open criticism of another employee right in front of incoming guest were inappropriate! The bathroom had nice tiled floors but their metal particians were rather rusted as I thought they might have been moved here from the burned out restaurant in Detroit. Their dining areas are clean and upper scale although reminded me of an old Italian restaurant of a time past. Don't sit by an inside wall as the noise from the kitchen can be annoying at times. We were served promptly and our waiter was pleasant, informative and attentive! The food is what keeps us coming back as it is on par with any top restaurant! Let me suggest trying the large shrimp as they were delicious! They are known for the Filet Mignon and rightfully so as they are wonderful and properly prepared.

Myrtle Beach
“Outstanding Dining experience”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is where we go for a special celebration. They serve high end meals and drinks. Waiter's are in tuxes. Diner is a 7 course meal so take your time an savor every bite. Our favorite is the filet. They marinate it so it tastes very special.

Visited November 2012
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Horrible Horrible Dining Experience”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hard to give a good review when you have an 8:30pm reservation, get seated at 8:55pm (which was okay) and get your food at 11:15pm. We have been coming to Lelli's 2-3 times a year for the past 10 years and it just continues to get worse and worse.

We arrived at 8:20 on Saturday, May 11th for our party of 6 reservation and were seated at 8:55pm. It was very busy because of the expiring Groupon coupons and due to it being Mother's Day weekend. After we were seated we were brought bread and water. No butter for the bread. We asked for butter twice and never got it. The water glasses were apparently too hot. When my wife's glass was poured, it shattered and my son's glass developed a huge crack.

We ended up ordering our dinners at about 9:15pm. Our first few courses came out pretty quick and by 10pm we were waiting for our entrees. At about 10:30 our waiter informed us that we were "7 down". I asked what that meant and he told me that our food was probably done but there were 6 orders ahead of us that were ready and had to placed on plates and brought out. At about 10:45pm, a couple who had sat down about an hour after we did received their entrees. I flagged my waiter down and asked him how this was possible. The table of 4 next to us who ordered before we did still had not received their food either so they were interested in knowing also. Our waiter explained to us that the couple's order must have been placed in the "express line" whatever that means. 10:45pm, no food, no waiter. 11pm, no food, no waiter. Finally, at 11:15 our food was brought out. 2 of the people in my party ordered the extra cut filet medium. One of them was well done and the other was rare. We couldn't do anything about it because we didn't see our waiter again until we received our bill about a half hour later. No refills on water, no drink orders.

We were not the only one that had a bad experience. All of the tables around us had issues. The couple who was fortunate enough to end up in the "express line" sent one of their steaks back because it was over cooked. 2 of the people in the party of 4 next to us ordered Chicken Lelli but were brought Shrimp Lelli instead.

We were seated in line with the hallway where the waiters come out of the kitchen. We saw waiters arguing with each other the whole time we were there. One waiter was telling another waiter that she had several unhappy customers and the male waiter told her "Big deal. Everyone is complaining tonight. So what". The wait staff has become worse over the years. They seem bothered by having to do their jobs. Our bill last night was over $300 and it was the worst dining experience I have ever had. We will never come back. Too many other options out there where the waitstaff and workers go out of their way to make sure you have an enjoyable dining experience.

2 Thank strike3
Warren, Michigan
“We waited, and watied and waited, for my steak to be cooked the proper way.”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We were there the same night as Jill V who left a comment below. We were one of the other couples that also had a 7:00 reservation.

We arrived 10 minutes early for our reserveration, and were instructed that we had about a 15 minute wait. 30 minutes later, we were finally seated. I don't understand why they accept reservations when you have to wait as long as anyone that walks in.

The gentleman who sat us, greeted us with one word "COME!" as he walked to what would be our table. Once at our table, we waited for about 10 minutes for water, 10 more minutes for menu's and then another 10-15 for roles. Finally about 25 minutes later we placed our order. About an additional 30 minutes, our meal finally arrived. My boyfriend and I both ordered filet; we both asked for them to be cooked well done. Once we cut into them, we both saw that they were both cooked rare. Since his was a butterfly cut, it wasn't as bad as mine. I tried to get the attention to our waitress to no avail. I had another lady come up and we explained the issue. Also, I did not get the mushrooms I had requested. A few minutes later my steak was brought out to me, just slightly not as pink but still rare, I again asked for it to be cooked more (I did get my mushrooms this time)

This time a gentleman who was identifed as a manager brought my dish back with a steak half the size of my orginal steak and again no mushrooms. He promised that my orginial steak was being cooked and this was in addition. He also stated he was going to take care of us and send us home with a dessert. We waited another 30 minutes and he never returned, nor did my orginal steak.

The waitress at this point tried everything she could, she asked him what he was going to do multiple times, but he never came back out. She spoke to the owner who she claimed was awesome, and again she didn't come over or was there a resolution presented.

Finally, our waitress went back to the kitchen and got my order to go. As well as two large peices of cake (which wasn't of our choice). Once we waited a bit longer, the waitress came back out and just told us to leave. Don't worry about the bill, she would explain all that we had been through. By the end of our visit, we had been at the restureant 2.5 hours. My boyfriend was done with his steak before my second one was even returned. While the management teams service was terriable, our waitress really tried to help, we left her a nice tip before we left.