“Don't waste your time or lots of money!”
Review of Lelli's Restaurant

Lelli's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Lelli's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 131 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Detroit, Michigan
“Don't waste your time or lots of money!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

What a disappointment. This was our second time @ the Auburn Hillls location, we had been to the original in Detroit many times & always loved it. The lobby was stacked with chairs & bucket with a mop sticking out of it! Not what I want to see when entering a restaurant that charges $45-$60 per plate! The decor is old run down & tacky. We waited 10 minutes before anyone even came over to take a drink order. The food was good but took way too long in between dishes. The service was so under parr I was almost embarrassed that I had suggested to my family to celebrate my husbands birthday dinner there! We won;t be going back! Way too many other wonderful restaurants like Mario's in Detroit.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank stacy436

• Korean first
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

food and service were excellent. Decor is a bit dated but that was part of the experience.
we went back a 2nd night.

Visited March 2013
michigan
“Buenissimo!”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I ate here Thursday evening at 6:30, using a Groupon coupon. Not too busy, and we had excellent service from Derek. We both had the 6 oz. filet mignon, and it was to die for!!! Cooked medium rare and so tender we could almost cut it with a fork. Their dinner rolls are served hot and have a crunchy crust and chewy inside. I normally do not eat bread at restaurants, but this was too good to resist. We were so full that we could not eat the spumoni. I think Lelli's has now become our go-to restaurant for special occasions. Well worth it!!

• Visited March 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Valentine's debacle”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

The fact that "Kate S." below only has 1 review leads me to believe she may have ulterior motives for her Valentine's review.
Anyway, my wife and I also had reservations for Valentine's Day. BIG MISTAKE. As mentioned below, Lelli's is normally a laid-back, 2-hours to eat your meal, take your time kind of place, and it's an Italian favorite of ours. The filet, as EVERYONE has mentioned, is phenomenal. The price is also pretty phenomenal, but I understand in this world you get what you pay for. Valentine's night was NUTS at this place. Our salads were thrown together, and the pasta, which is ALWAYS perfect, was under-cooked. The manager did stop by and apologize for everything (even before we complained), and was sincere about it.
For those people who waited forever on Valentine's day, I'd suggest giving it one more chance. The valet was parking cars 1/4 mile away, and the staff was obviously swamped. We won't go back on a holiday again, but we will definitely go back. When you taste the crust on the filet or the strip, you'll understand why.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Chris E
Novi
“One of our first dates”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Good Italian. This is the first place I took my husband as 'my treat' when we were dating. The food and service were good. The place is a little run-down and could use a face-lift.