“Fun place, just okay food”
Review of Joes Crab Shack

Joes Crab Shack
Ranked #17 of 131 Restaurants in Auburn Hills
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

We were here for lunch before a Pistons game. We were the first customers of the day. Service was okay - our server was pleasant. We had steam pots and shrimp. It was just okay. Not worth the cost for sure. We have been to other Joe's Crab Shacks and we were disappointed this time. We probably won't be back to this location but will still try others.

There are newer reviews for Joes Crab Shack

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great dinner at Joes and a superb waitress who made our dinner very special.....When you go to Joes ask to sit in Kendras section, she is the best......

1  Thank trvctyrich
Reviewed June 17, 2014

poor service from the start. food is usually pretty good. enjoy the crab and shrimp. use to be more upbeat and fun. seems to have gone downhill over the years especially in the service and attention.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I once dated a maritimer who pointed out that you should really think carefully before going to any seafood place more than a hundred miles from the shore. Despite that advice, my husband and I ventured in for lunch, and I was pleasantly surprised by the food. Service was just ok, and the decor pretty grubby. I think they are aiming for Ye Olde Rustic Fisherman's Shaque, but a bit wide of the mark. Was quite struck by the three lines of black spray paint where the (20ft) wall meets the ceiling by the kitchen. Obviously deliberately applied, and black paint tracks dribbling down the wall, but the desired effect was unclear. My husband had the crab cake dinner, which he said was ok, but just that. I had a bucket of queen crab, which is both pricey and a gargantuan quantity of food. I was working hard to get through half. Really fine crab, though, well done. Served with an ear of corn (it isn't the season yet) that tasted rubbery, and a couple of rather unloved potatoes at the bottom of the pile. Service was fine, if mechanical. I'd go back again if the crab was consistently that good, but not often, as the prices were high. Understandable, to an extent, as crab does not swim itself to Michigan, and shifting fresh seafood is always expensive, but surely prohibitive if other than a v occasional outing.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Took my daughter for her 13th birthday. Just the girls! Our muscles came out quick but many didn't open. Manager came over to explain and apologize. Brought out fresh order immediately. We ordered 2 steampots, which were great. Of course, my daughter did the "cheesy" but cute horse ride around the restaurant. We had an awesome dinner experience.