“I would recommend !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Lake Orion, Michigan
“I would recommend !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have had to stay for an extended period of time. The staff has been wonderful, they are always pleasant and friendly, especially Cameron the manager, he is always available if you need anything, and truly wants to make your stay the best it can be.

The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, and you won’t go hungry at their large breakfast. I am here with my teenagers and they enjoy the pool, it is very large and clean.

If you get lucky you may stay on a night where they give you cake or cookies!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank madre_de_tres

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sterling Heights, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

They had great staff manager was very helpful and took care of us.. breakfast was amazing pool was heated i could be there all day long just an amazing stay... also my view was of a lake... recommend to anyone

Room Tip: They are big rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Paden City, West Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed two nights here for a New Year's Eve event at The Palace. The room was incredibly spacious and tidy. The continental breakfast was much larger than we expected. The staff were all attentive and friendly. The only complaint I have is that the shower temperature was very touchy. I can't believe we got this for the price we paid. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank melody59396
Michigan Center, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

In a nutshell, this hotel is not clean. The carpets are dirty, food and dirt are built up in corners and around edges. Our shower and tub were not cleaned when we checked in. I don't mean cleaned badly - it did not appear any attempt was made to clean it. (I actually bought disinfectant and cleaned it myself -- and the sink area while I was at it). The hot tub did not work and the pool area was dirty. The pool was filled with 10-15 unsupervised children under the age of 12. There was something spattered on the wall in our room. I asked that it be cleaned while we were out but it did not happen. The beds were comfortable, but the couch was sagging and the hide-a-bed was unusable due to the horrible condition of the mattress. I am someone who can stay any there as long as it is safe and clean. I would never stay here again. Staff are indifferent, the place does not meet Choice hotel standards and it would not surprise me to see them lose their Comfort Suites brand. Very disappointing. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
South Haven, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have never been a fan of the Choice Brand Comfort Suites because I have never had a comfortable stay in one of their locations. This was not my most unpleasant stay at a Comfort Suite, but it was sure one of my strangest stay. While I was well past the first impression before I entered the building, I was not prepared for the totality of what I experienced at this place.

My first encounter of the location began with me waiting 10 minutes for the desk clerk to explain to a caller why their reservations were not as they believed. In this conversation, the clerk repeatedly expressed that one of the rooms they expected had to be taken offline because the television did not work and that their situation was worsened by the errors of a different hotel from which their reservations were transferred from.

After enduring this elongated wait, my constituents and I were assisted and given our room keys. While she was pleasant enough, we had no idea of what she was saying most of the time because she was talking at the speed of light.

We checked in to two rooms and proceeded on our way. Upon entering our rooms, we both encountered the same strange occurrences. The carpet had multiple stains, the sofa was dirty and had the feel of different liquid substances and the telephone had a disgusting level of buildup on the earpiece. The only difference between the two rooms were the non-working television in one room and the dirty bed in another. If that wasn’t disheartening enough, I had to call the front desk for clean sheets because the bed I was due to sleep in was made with body-fluid stained covers and sheets. Once I removed the dirty sheets, (yes I removed and remade the bed) my co-worker and I saw what appeared to be fecal matter. I decided to call it chocolate for the sake of my own sanity.

I resolved to be okay with this situation since it was only a one night stay, but I awaken to a morning of an even more laughable situation; the iron holder was bolted to the ironing board and the iron was attached with a tight coil wire.

I realized then, that there is simply no way to make staying at Comfort Suites a good stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Recently, my family traveled to the area for a family reunion and spent five nights on the property. The front desk staff was very pleasant and accommodating. The hotel needs to consider replacing their carpet, but it is clean even if it is older. The rooms are a very large size with very comfortable beds and the AC worked great. The continental breakfast has (powdered) eggs, breakfast meats, baked goods, make your own waffles, coffee, juices, yogurt, and fruits. A great value!

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies that overlook a lake.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank melmcc
Traverse City, Michigan, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I had the misfortune of staying at this hotel on 7/18/12, and have never been this disgusted by a Choice Property. Clearly, this is not a hotel that is regularly inspected by Choice, or they would be embarrassed to allow this hotel to sully their good name. I was checked in by, as read on her name tag, <3 Keera <3, who informed us that, unlike most Choice Hotels, she couldn't directly charge a debit card. I've never stayed at a hotel that doesn't allow this. So now I have an extra authorization that I shouldn't need to have.

Things only got worse once I got to my room. We arrived shortly before 6 pm, and housekeeping had done their best to strip my room's bed's sheets, but that's it. There was trash scattered about the room, piles of dirt and sand (approximately 4 inches wide by 2 inches high) under the table in my room, and the detachable showerhead swung sadly, as if pondering the location of the clip that once held it in showerhead position.

My co-worker's room looked as though an attempt was made to clean it, which was nice, but the wrappers, pop bottles, and cups that were sitting on the table, dresser, and coffee table were easy enough to miss, I suppose. The stains on the couch were "questionable" as well.

We went back to the front desk to question <3 Keera <3 why our rooms weren't done. She assured us it was a mistake, and she would send housekeeping down to take care of it. This has happened to me before, and it's honestly not a problem, but never before have I not been moved to a different room (that was clean) so housekeeping could clean the dirty rooms.

My girlfriend and I watched in horror as the housekeepers walked in to clean the room, all the while carrying her infant son on her hip. Seriously?? Is this how they train up and coming housekeepers at this particular hotel?

Well, needless to say, our room was cleaned with the absolute minimum required effort; meaning our beds were made, and some of the trash was removed. Luckily, the dirt and sand piles were left untouched. I say luckily, because it was almost the cleanest spot in the entire hotel.

The next morning we woke up to a real treat, as well. Check-out is at 11 am at this hotel, so imagine my surprise when, at 9:45, housekeeping started pounding on my door and opened it just as I rolled out of bed. My girlfriend and I decided that, despite the rude awakening, we'd go down to check out the continental breakfast. (If nothing else, just to judge it poorly) We walked into the lobby, and a woman said "Uhm, 'scuse me, sir? Breakfast be done at 9."

Needless to say, I will NEVER, EVER, stay at this hotel again, and it is with great hope that I place this on the internet. Hope, that somebody will read this and decide to stay somewhere else. Hope, that they will have a better retreat than what I did.

Room Tip: To get a good room, while checking in, request that your reservation be cancelled and go stay somewh...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends