Sonesta ES Suites Auburn Hills
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Rodeway Inn(Auburn Hills)
View Hotel
All reviewsbasketball courttwo bedroom suiteown bathroomfront deskfull kitchenhome away from homeevery morningoatmealgreat place to stayan extended staybuffet breakfastoutdoor poolsausageliving areashopping tripthe breakfast areabed was comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We booked two different rooms over the weekend - a queen room that wasn't a suite, and a king room that was. We didn't have any complaints about either, although both were beginning to show their age furniture-wise (and with the TV sets, which were not digital and still had vcr, as well as dvd).

The outdoor pool was nice and popular with guests. The free breakfast was pretty good -oatmeal, large sausages, yogurt, canned peaches, cereal, donuts, and similar.

The only somewhat significant negative for us was the location - although it's right next to two other hotels, the Staybridge is otherwise off the beaten track, unless you have business in the nearby office parks or are attending something at the Pontiac Silverdome, which is just about a block away. Also, two relatively nearby restaurants (not within walking distance, but only a short drive) both appeared to have gone out of business.

Overall, we'd be happy to stay here again, and I'd recommend it to anyone with a car.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank HaroldHecuba
Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights and I had done a ton of research before choosing this hotel as I am pretty picky (due to a couple of bad previous experiences at hotels). I was thrilled to find the hotel is actually located a mile or so from the highway (you won't hear any traffic) and even the hotel itself is very peaceful. We didn't even hear any noise in the hallways at night. Our room was a 2 bedroom suite and it was like renting an apartment. Each room had its own bath and was connected by a kitchenette/lr/dr area. We had 3 TV’s, a DVD player so there were options for everyone! Every morning we had a free breakfast buffet that was well stocked and attended the entire time by an employee refreshing things. The grounds were immaculate and the pool/basketball court area was great for my son and his friend to let off some steam. I would highly recommend this hotel to ANYONE and will definitely be back if I am in the area again. It honestly was like a home away from home. I must also mention the staff was excellent. I don't think there was a time when we walked by that they didn’t greet us or smile. Do not hesitate to stay here!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2010

My compliments to the staff of the Auburn Hills, Staybridge Suites for their constant professionalism and outstanding hospitality. During our three month stay, my wife and I were very impressed by their service, their staff, the food and the attention to detail that was evident in all that they provided their guests. I would strongly suggest that any one who is in need of temporary lodging, consider the Auburn Hills, Staybridge Suites. They made our temporary lodging a home.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 6, 2010

I stayed at this hotel last night, and can't say enough positive things about it! I was so impressed with everything they offered, from the front desk staff to the room itself. Had never stayed at a Staybridge Suites hotel before, but will now. The room was spacious, with a queen bed and a couch that would pull out to a double bed. The decor was beautiful, very upscale. The room was impeccably clean, and I even had a small dressing room off the bathroom so that if someone was in the bedroom/kitchenette area you could have privacy and room to dress comfortably. There was a full-size coffee pot in the room...when have you seen THAT lately?? There is a full kitchenette, with a full-sized refrigerator, microwave, stovetop, stocked with dishes and glassware. The bed was heavenly...like sleeping on a giant pillow.
There is a "continental" breakfast included with your room, but this is a buffet, not a small offering. There was sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, waffles, cereals, large bowls of flavored yogurts with assorted toppings, cut-up fruits, bagels, donuts, assorted breads to toast, juices, hard-boiled eggs. You would pay top dollar for a breakfast like this. The area was kept neat and tidy, and there were ample tables to choose from to sit at to eat breakfast. They serve Wolfgang Puck coffee, which is fabulous.
Would I stay here again? Without a doubt! Will make a point of it. For all of this I paid $65. I am so impressed! Definitely a place to stay!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2010

I haved stayed at this hotel every weekend for the past 5 years. I go here to visit my stepkids. For the first 5 years, we used to bargain hunt and go to whichever hotel was offering the cheapest rate. I stopped doing that 5 years ago. This is largely due to the staff. The staff in this hotel are so great. They treat us like family (which at this point I guess we are). They always try and provide us with a great room. Give us extended check out and basically make us feel like family.
The accomodations are clean (cleaner than any of the others in the area) and if you're missing anything, they have a little store on the premises. They have a pool and basketball court in the summer and the kids love to hang out outside in the summer. Also, the hotel is also one of the quietest that I have been to and I have never had an issue sleeping due to noise or fire alarms.
This is the PERFECT hotel for those with families and also for those on business.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family