“my stay here has been excellent everyone goes out there way to make your stay the best stay ever..” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
alburnhills
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

my stay at the homestad studio was excellent the staff was great i got to see mangment the whole expernce was great.the rooms are clean they have every thing you need from full size friges to cable and fast internet.i will be back here every time i have to out of town..

Room Tip: everyone there is so frendly.call ahead of time to book a room there gone quick.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appreciate you sharing feedback from your stay with us. It's great to hear that management and staff took wonderful care of you. We are happy you choose to stay with us. Thank you for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Auburn Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

This is my third week in a new position that is 100 miles from home which would be a long drive on a daily basis. The last two weeks I have been at Homestead Studio Suites four nights each week and it has been great. Comfortable bed, nice TV with good channels, and a kitchen with everything you need to cook almost anything you would want to. I will stay here again and again and you should too.

Room Tip: Use priceline to get the best deal.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your posting. I’m very happy to hear you felt at home while staying with us at our hotel. It is very rewarding to get feedback like yours.

The staff and I hope your new position is working out well. Please continue to reach out to us if we can do anything else to make your stay more comfortable. Thank you once more!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 6 months. The initial period of stay was good but then it started to worsen.
Check-in, room change were very fast. We were enjoying the stay for some time. Housekeeping was good, front desk was ok.Then after a few months, the housekeeping staff started skipping my room, almost every other alternate week. They never cleaned properly, I had to clean the room for most of the time. One of the female receptionists on the front desk is very rude. I also lost my mails, magazines. The rates used to be good but they increased. I was getting a better deal at the same price so I shifted.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the inconveniences and poor service you received while with us towards the end of your stay. Like most extended stay hotels, our hotel provides different levels of housekeeping service based on the length of our guest’s stay, with additional services available for a nominal charge. I regret that we did not properly explain our services to you, and caused your stay to be less than satisfactory. Obviously, our staff training failed during your stay, something that I have brought to the attention of our staff with the expectation that such an incident will not occur again.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand location in the future.
Kitchener, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Went with other ladies to the Joyce Meyer conference at the Palace. The room was adequate for 4 adults, but the kitchenette saved us time and money by having breakfast, lunch and evening snacks. There was a full sized fridge, a microwave, 2 stove elements and dishes. Hotel was fairly clean. We had a problem with a bracket on one of the beds, but it was looked after in short order.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your stay with us. I’m so glad the room set up worked out for you this past weekend. I’m sorry there was an issue with the bed but it’s great to hear it was taken care of for you.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations. Thank you again for staying with us!
West Bloomfield, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Everything about this hotel was horrible. It smelled like curry, and did not smell clean. The staff was not welcoming, and appeared to not care about the guests. The room was filthy. My friend and I were sleeping in the same bed and went to pull down the comforter and on the green blanket there was a pile of hardened white debris all over it. For the rest of the stay, we slept on top of the bed, with no covers. Also, I went to sit on the chair, and there were stains, which clearly showed that the hotel staff did not clean. There were four of us in the room. They had only given us two towels to shower, so of course, we needed more. I went down to the front desk and when I asked, she seemed disgusted that I would even consider bothering her when she was working. Also, they would not give me more towels until I returned the dirty ones. When I was going to give the dirty towels to the desk staff, I asked where I should put them. She told me to put them in a pile. I looked where she told me to put the dirty towels, and there were about 20 dirty towels in this pile. The hotel was not clean, and they staff did not clean the rooms once during our four-day stay. We came back to hotel everyday to a filthy room that reeked of bad seasoning.

Room Tip: Please do NOT stay here. The location is not worth the lack of cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for the feedback of your stay at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the hardships you encountered throughout your stay; guests should not have to endure those types of situations. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and are very sorry you did not experience that.

It helps us tremendously that you have shared your experience, as it allows us to correct the issues and be better moving forward. Our hotel staff, regardless of the time of day, is here to assist our guests and make your stay that much more comfortable. As a result of your feedback, I have met with the hotel staff to ensure these issues are being corrected and do not happen again.

We truly appreciate your stay with us and hope you will return again knowing that we are making the necessary changes to ensure a much more comfortable stay.
Phoenix
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

Adam and Amanda go out of their way to make your stay comfortable. The housekeeping staff have a long way to go to catch up. We stayed for over a week and during our stay Terry got sick so was in the hospital.

There were a handful of things broken or not working in our room, dust on the top ledge of the shower ...even the coffee carafe had not been cleaned since the last guest. I didn't complain, but I DID note the issues when they sent me a feedback link.

When we checked out we left Terrys expensive pillow and called that evening. Of course, it was no where to be found and the room had been cleaned. Someone was supposed to call us on Monday, but never did.

The location is great - near I-75, Whole Foods, Bank of America and other stores and right next door to BD Mongolian's.

My suggestion to management of this location - upgrade and/or spot check your housekeeping staff. The items they overlook are items guests check as important.

Room Tip: North and east side rooms look over a nice vacant lot behind the hotel. Better than street side view...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Homestead Detroit - Auburn Hills. I know how committed we are to satisfying our guests, which is why it gave me great pleasure to read your kind words about our staff. Given this commitment, it was with great concern that I read the rest of your account. You have my most sincere apologies that your stay wasn't totally enjoyable.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. I know you spoke with Melissa regarding your missing pillow. I apologize for the confusion and delay there.
Auburn Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

After staying in this location many times I can say the value is almost impossible to beat in the area. The rooms have a full refrigerator, stove and plenty of room. The location is nice...right off of I-75 at University. The staff is very easy to work with. As the commercial says, 'you can pay more at another hotel but why?' For the single traveler this is the place to be.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Bubba,

Thank you for your great review of our Homestead Studio Suites – Auburn Hills. It’s so rewarding to know our travelers are happy with our product and service. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and we greatly appreciate your business.