Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Just wanted to say the Front Desk Staff has been wonderful during my 4 week stay in this hotel. Amanda especially has been very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate your business for the month. It's great to hear Amanda was able to help you with all of your needs. Thank again for staying with us.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive

Reviewed April 24, 2012

Friendly staff, safe area, free coffee,great vale for money. Great hotel .

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Auburn Hills - University Drive, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Homestead Detroit - Auburn Hills. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way," and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

I stayed at Homestead for one night even though I felt a bit apprehensive. PL accepted my bid of $25 (you get what you pay for).

Upon checking in I requested a room on the highest floor. Although the clerk was quick to say “no” he decided to check the computer and found me a room on the top floor.

I stayed at this hotel a couple years back and it was a pretty decent hotel but as I suspected the hotel has really gone down. The carpet & shower were filthy; the counter top had some cracks in it; the bed was comfortable but it had 2 of the saddest pillows on it that smelled of cigarettes. The closet door’s mirror was cracked.

I couldn’t wait to check OUT of this hotel and will probably never stay there again.

Room Tip: Pay a few dollars more and stay some place else.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was my second trip to USA to Michigan. I chose this suites as many TCS employees stay there. The room I got was very good, big one. The room had 1 TV, TV guide on what channels will be coming. The Bed was a King size bed that I got so it was comfortable. It had good storage space, so i can pack my 2 suitcases with ease. The restroom was not the good one, it had some broken valves, temporarily fixed. Also the kitchen doors in Modular kitchen had some issues. Nevertheless I found this hotel convinent for my daily travel to my compamy. Delphi Corporation and Chrysler LLC were very nere. It had ample car parking. I got some M plate vehicles from my company and put it in the parling lot.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Even tho were only in the area for 1 night, we stayed here because it was close to our client. We had worked an overnight shift and were exhausted when we arrived so we checked in, pulled the curtains closed and collapsed into a deep sleep. Beds were awesome and the extra space we'd use if we stayed a longer time.

Discovering the BD's Mongolian Grill next door was a great find too. The whole area is very clean and there are plenty of service businesses in the area too.

We often use ESA for our longer stays, but will now seek out a Homestead Studio Suite as it is a step up in spaciousness and luxury finishes.

Room Tip: 105 was within EZ access to the rear door with plenty of parking right outside
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Couldn't have been better! Everything was wonderful!! It was so clean and quiet at night.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2010

I checked into this hotel yesterday. The clerk (earring in nose) gave me a room on the first floor. I told her I did not want to be on the first floor. She said they were full and that was all she had. There was another person standing behind her. I later called the hotel's reservation line and asked if they had five rooms available at the Homestead Studio Suites on University Drive in Auburn Hills. They said no problem.

As could be expected from a hotel where the front desk clerk lies in the presence of a co-worker, the hotel is a flea bag. There was hair in the shower, the towels are scratchy, the bed is not just very uncomfortable, it makes a loud noise when you sit on it. There are three hangers in the closet even though this is an extended stay hotel. The TV turns off after 90 minutes and the room stinks.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business