“Awesome! ”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Los Angeles, California
“Awesome! ”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

Used my employee rate and received an awesome price for the room, room was clean and beautiful, slept like a baby, they renovated and it looks spectacular, front desk clerks are friendly, Marriott should be proud of this property, I will be staying again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Ron S, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Auburn Hills, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for your kind words!

We sincerely appreciate you staying with us while in Auburn Hills. I'm glad you had a great experience in our newly renovated hotel. I'll be sure to share you positive praise regarding the service you received, with our entire team.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!

email: ron.sunde@marriott.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way from Detroit to Birch Run. I definitely recommend it, it's clean modern and very nice inside. We got in late and were starving do luckily they had a snack room where we could warm up some pizza roles, they even sell beer, wine and necessities in there. The furniture and decor was very pleasant and modern, I loved the touch of having books set out for browsing. The pool area was nice but the jets in the hot tub were pretty much nonexistent. We were looking at staying at a couple other hotels in the area including another courtyard but the $10 extra was definitely worth it to stay here. One more thing; the blackout curtains worked amazingly! The only bad thing I can say is the room wouldn't get very cold, and the beds were extremely uncomfortable.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our newly renovated hotel.

The couple of areas where you mentioned concerns have been addressed. A new motor was installed in the hot tub. Now the jets are even more powerful than they were before. We also had some of our mattresses replaced. The mattresses were all brand new as of March of this year; but there were some replaced due to a factory defect.

If you have a return trip planned for Auburn Hills, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. I’d like to personally ensure you have a flawless experience the next time around.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience!

email: ron.sunde@marriott.com
Pune
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks in July 2013. This was my second stay at this hotel ( the first being in July 2011) and I must say I enjoyed my second stay more than the first one....

Reason Marriot carried out probably a major renovation of the entire hotel ( keeping the basic structure like garden , indoor swiming pool same though).

As usal the indoor swiming pool , the garden and the break fast all was top class, Though I noticed some change in the break fast menu between 2011 and 2012.

The newly added restaurant Bistro is nice value addition allowing me to enjoy a great dinner ( chicken wings and sandwitches are simply delicious) with glass of wine after hard work in office. I also tried several cocktails in their bar and all were very nice ( more specifically Bloodu Merry was too good).

Room decor , size , flat screen LCD everything is top notch , the service excellent as usal. One more plus point of this hotel is inhouse ATM facility.

I will definately stay there again

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you kind words! I’m glad you were able to return to our hotel after our complete renovation and happy to hear that you had a great experience at our new Bistro! We sincerely appreciate you coming back to our hotel for a return visit.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I'm a frequent traveler at the Aubrun Hills Area, and this Courtyard have it all.
EXCELLENT Service, GREAT Attention, CARE to the Guests, REMIND of Friendly and Frequent Guests.
They know what to do to feel you that you are not far from Home.
Superb, I gladly recommend it !!

Room Tip: Second Floor next to the side exits.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon!

I just wanted to send a quick note to say thank you for your kind words! I’m glad you had a great experience at our hotel. If you should need anything during your upcoming visits to the Auburn Hills area, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of your needs while you're on the road.

Alliston, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Went there on the long weekend in September first time there I would have to say the staff there was great rooms were very clean, breakfast was great .Quick check in arrived early they had no problem giving us the room. The pool was great water was perfect temp , fitness was great and clean. The workers treat you great like good morning ,good afternoon always with a smile on there face it was a great hotel for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here for one night on business. The room was on the small side, but it was clean and quiet. I felt like the lobby area was one of the more interesting areas. There is plenty of seating around which made great for lounging. There was a nice, huge TV on one of the walls, which made for great viewing of the football game that night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Walkerton, Canada
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This Marriot is really lovely. The breakfast is unbelievable for a hotel. Porridge, french toast, eggs, yogurt and best of all Starbuck's coffee. Rooms are tastefully decorated and the front desk staff were all friendly and helpful. If you are staying here ask to stay on the inside - away from the noisy freeway

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple