“Good, clean, and basic”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Auburn Hills
Toledo, Ohio
“Good, clean, and basic”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night while attending a concert nearby. The hotel was fine. It has a nice modern feel. Our room was clean and comfortable. It contained a small refrigerator. We noticed no shampoo in our room when we arrived. My wife went to the front desk to ask for some. The lady at the front desk told my wife that they have had problems with children taking shampoo and squeezing it on the carpets in the rooms. So now they only provide shampoo on demand. The hotel has a bistro style restaurant. We went to have dinner there and waited for service. Eventually we had to have the lady at the front desk call someone to help us. The food was good (not great). I was going to have a beer with my dinner but decided against it when I saw a price of $4.75 on a 12 ounce bottle of domestic beer. The bistro offered breakfast but we opted for a nearby fast food restaurant. I would consider staying at this hotel again if I was in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one night to attend a wedding. The hotel was easy to get to from I-75. The room and bathroom were in excellent condition. The staff were polite on check in. My room backed up to I-75 so there was some noise. It did not bother me, but it could be a problem for some people. I got a good price probably because it was a weekend. I would go back next time I am in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Wurzburg, Germany
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel rooms are very nice and clean but can be a little noisy if you get a room on the side of the interstate. There is a very small supermarket in the hotel which is great if you forgot something ;) You can use a washing machine and a dryer in the hotel for only a few dollar, which is a good alternative to the cleaning service. We got a special offer and thus a very good value for our money.

Room Tip: The rooms away from the interstate are more quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Glenview, Illinois
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is what one would expect from a Marriott, e.g. Friendly front desk, newly remodeled, etc.

The problem with hotels off this I 75 exit is they run parallel to the freeway. One long side of the Marriott runs less than a football field away from an unobstructive view. More importantly, there is loud 24 a day noise. So, unless you sleep like a log, either get a guarantee on room location or look elsewhere

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kasey1945
New York, NY, USA
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed for one night while in Auburn Hills for business. This is not a bad property but it seems a bit dated compared to other Courtyards, and among other properties in the area I prefer the Hilton or the Hyatt Place. I guess there's a reason the Courtyard costs less.

The guest room itself is pretty standard Courtyard--roomy with a good sized work desk. Fridge and coffee maker but no microwave. The bed was okay but the mattress seemed a bit worn compared to other hotels of this class and quality. The fitness room was sparsely equipped compared to other budget hotels. Most importantly for me, there was no buffet breakfast, just a Starbucks-like counter where you could order beverages and hot and cold dishes ala cart and then take it to the small dining area. It turns out breakfast was included in my room rate--I only found out at checkout--but each item was to be ordered individually and then deducted from my bill.

The hotel is also close to the interstate so I heard traffic whizzing by all night despite pretty good soundproofed windows. Be sure to ask for a room on the other side of the building if this bothers you.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We needed a hotel near our relatives home and this hotel met those needs. We also wanted a pool for the kids and a hot tub for the adults to relax in after a long drive. The pool water temperature was cool to cold depending on whom you asked. The hot tub water temperature was tepid at best with very weak circulation. No power from the jets to massage sore muscles. We named our own price and I guess we got what we paid for. If I had paid full price I would not have stayed. There were other hotels near by for our consideration. The room below our room was under construction and the crews started working by 7am. I would not recommend this Courtyard by Marriott. No microwave in room only fridge. We look forward to movie and popcorn in our hotel stays.

Room Tip: Ask about construction in adjoining rooms before accepting room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lascassaslass
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We spent 4 nights and every one of the staff were super friendly. They helped with making our stay very comfortable by accommodating our group requests and making various recommendations. The breakfasts were great and the common area very suitable for our large group activities. Thanks for making our stay so memorable!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple