“best clean nice location”

Crystal Inn Hotel - Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed June 14, 2011

very comfortabal room/ nearest from mbs int airport only 5 miles/ 1 mile from dow corning it comfortable/ same parking lot it is burgerking/mc donalds/gas stition/ good and budget rate. friendly service also.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Nick P
There are newer reviews for Crystal Inn Hotel - Suites

Reviewed December 1, 2010

We made reservations to stay at this motel because we had an early morning flight out of Bishop Airport near Flint, MI. When I called in June, 2010 to make the reservations for September 29, 2010 I asked if they were close to Bishop Airport and was told they were 5 minutes away. On September 29 my husband and I were on our way to the motel and called them on our cell phone to get directions from the freeway. It was at that time that we realized they were not near "Bishop Airport" but rather they are near MBS International Airport. When we told them we needed to cancel the reservation due to the incorrect information we were given by them, they said we needed to give them a 48 hour notice and they would still charge our credit card. This was the first we had heard of the 48 hour cancellation notice. We tried several ways of explaining we would be staying with them but we were given wrong information by them. We did not stay and they did charge our credit card. When we contacted our credit card company they suggested we try to resolve the problem with the motel once again. I contacted the manager and told him that I wanted to discuss a charge we did not feel was valid. As I began to explain that during my initial contact with the motel I specifically asked if they were near "Bishop Airport" before I could go on the manager broke in with "We are 5 minutes from the airport". At that point I felt he would understand the problem since he did the exact same thing as the original agent did - gave me bad information. But he just kept repeating that we didn't give 48 hour notice. Do not trust anything they say!!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank upnorthStHelen
Reviewed September 2, 2010

Former Days Inn now American Inns and Suites. Arrived late afternoon, stood at front counter, rang buzzer 4 or 5 times. After 5 minutes called them and told them I was at the front desk. Lady was very nice but poor english, hard to understand. We had a two room suite. Layout was fine, bed was ok, cleanliness ok. Room and hallways smell very musty. One small packet (not bottle) of shampoo/condition in room. Kids went down to the pool to swim - pool was closed due to issues, Hot Tub also closed due to issues. No one ever told us the pool was closed, even when I called to make the reservation and asked if they had a pool! We would not have stayed here if I had known. Rate was ok for a hotel with a pool - too high for one without! i called and asked for an extra towel in the morning and had to explain why we used all the towels in the room! Then we had to go get the extra towel at the front desk. Overall, it was a decent place to sleep but don't expect more than that!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2009

We are staying at this location quite often, every time we are greeted as valuable customer.Staff is very helpful with great attitude,Rooms are clean & comfortable for two(single bed) & very reasonable all the time.Like the pool very clean & well maintaned, Breakfast was OK ( but there are BK & McDonald in the parking lot soo didnt care much about it). Our next trip will be there in July 2009 for Golf Tournament in Midland,MI & we have reserved 7-8 rooms for that. & i can & will recommend this Hotel to everybody who passes thru Auburn,MI

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 10, 2009

I had nothing but problems with the front desk staff from the minute I got there. My reservations for 2 nights were not correct, then I was told that I would have to check out move all my stuff out then check back in for the second night into a different room. I refused to move out and the staff did allow us to stay in the original room but not without a fight. Every time we went through the lobby they were rude and argued with us over the price. All I can say is print out any conformation about your reservations if you even consider staying here because you can't count on them to have it correct and they will try to increase the price on the room when you get there. The room was small but acceptable and was reasonably clean but I will never be returning.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank crackerGr_Mi
Reviewed January 4, 2009

We stayed here the latter part of December and all we can say is BEWARE! This establishment has become very rundown. The room we stayed in had a broken window, ripped screen, the drapes had holes in them, no pictures on the wall, no towel rack in the bathroom and everything was piled on the back of the toilet. The tub was clogged so when taking a shower, we were standing in water up past our ankles. Black mold was on the sides of the tub surround. The phones are very outdated and don't work very well, the lobby bare of any kind of furniture and the breakfast was terrible. Tang instead of orange juice, three bagels and a lonely little muffin along with two half empty cereal containers made up the breakfast. The floor in the breakfast room was so sticky and dirty, our shoes stuck to it. The toaster had a knob missing, just the wire sticking out. Luckily, there is a McDonald's next door handy for a decent breakfast. One night was more than enough for us at this place.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Canoncrazy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Auburn
Best Western Valley Plaza Inn
Comfort Inn Bay City-Riverfront
Hampton Inn Midland
Hampton Inn Midland
#3 of 11 in Midland

Been to Crystal Inn Hotel - Suites? Share your experiences!