“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #18 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Hardyston Township, New Jersey
“Clean and Comfortable”
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

No raves, but no complaints either. Comfortable, clean accommodations. Ample lobby lounge area. Limited bar / food service area. Traveling with a dozen or so colleagues, with similar experience. Would stay again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor. We truly value your business and reviews and hope that on your next stay with us you will leave with rave reviews. We look forward to having you back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We recently hosted our daughter's wedding and reserved a block of rooms at the Courtyard Ann Arbor for many friends and family members. The arrangements were easily made in advance. The hotel is ideal for parties arriving at different times and with varied needs. The desk areas offer comfortable gathering sites with snacks, morning and evening meals and refreshments.There is access to computers and a printer in the lobby. The desk staff is extremely helpful and responsive to special requests. The rooms are comfortable, pleasant and well-designed.
We have stayed at this hotel several times during visits to Ann Arbor. It is always a pleasant destination.

Room Tip: The suites are great. Our third floor corner room was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor.

We truly appreciate your business and we are thrilled that your daughter's big day was a success. We hope to have you back again on your next trip into Ann Arbor.
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was either my first ever visit to a Courtyard Inn or the first visit in a very long time.

The room was very nice with a king bed, desk, and sitting area. I loved the sitting area with its sofa facing the TV and a little coffee table in front of it. It was perfect for watching TV before going to bed. I used some of the many pillows from the bed to prop myself up on the couch like I would at home.

The king bed was comfy with a firm mattress and lots of pillows. One thing I'm not sure I like; hotels these days have these half size pillows instead of the full size I'm used to. I imagine I'll get used to it. I liked that the bed tables each had a power outlet so I could charge my iPad overnight. There was a clock radio on one side of the bed- it had a night light on the top of it that bothered me. Instead of trying to figure out if I could turn the nightlight off I just slept on the other side of the bed. The room was very quiet with great room darkening shades. I overslept twice- something I rarely do.

The bathroom was nice and clean. The ceiling was pretty low- no problem for me but if you are a little over six foot it could get claustrophobic. The shampoos and conditioners were name brands- but was a brand I used back in the eighties. With the many conversation pits in the lobby it was a touch that made me feel I'd stepped into the past.

The hotel has limited exercise equipment- two treadmills, an elliptical machine, seated bike, and some free weights with an incline bench. Not enough for the serious exercise person, but for someone like me who wanted to burn off calories it was fine. The treadmills and elliptical machines have their own TV's so remember to bring your earphones. I used the pool and hot tub as well. The pool was cool- which was refreshing after a dip in the hot tub. I don't think they are heavily used.

You can get breakfast at the hotel. It is not included, but is reasonably priced. This is actually a nice change from the continental breakfast and waffle bars, where I sometimes feel I have to eat my money's worth instead of eat till I'm sated. As the day goes on you can get other foods as well, as well as beers, wines, and some mixed drinks in the evening. As I noted above there are lots of places to go and sit in little groups, or communally around TV's or a fireplace. If you want to eat elsewhere there is a Wendy's and a Korean-Japanese restaurant nearby. for other places I think you need a car.

The staff was very helpful and friendly down to the maintenance guy, who gave me directions to a nearby restaurant as the front desk people looked it up online.

I'll probably stay here again, as Courtyard is the choice of my company in this area. While I liked it, I'm not sure I liked it enough to switch my loyalties.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mykal
Korbyn M, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your recent stay and for taking the time to write such an in depth review of your stay! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you with us again in the future when you are in town on business, and hope we can "change your loyalties" to the Courtyard brand of the Marriott chain!
Nowhere
Reviewed September 12, 2013

While the Couryard is pretty much the same everywhere, it's worth mentioning that this one is distringuished by staff who understand the meaning of five star service and deliver it smoothly. I appreciate them accomodating us but even without that, I noticed how attentive, friendly, and professional they were. That aside the rest of it is typical Courtyard which I really like anyways. It's comfortable, clean, and attractive.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review about it! We appreciate your business and look forward to having you with us again in the future.
Ridgefield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a great hotel. Stayed two night while dropping off at U Michigan. We had the one room suite which is a very nice room. The bed was comfortable. Lighting was great. The adjoining room had a refrigerator, great functional desk and pull out sofa. My only complaint was the temperature control. Air Conditioning unit was in the bedroom so while trying to cool off the adjoining room it because very cold in the bedroom. I had to shut off the AC and turn on each night when it got too hot. Hotel also offers very nice food/drink bar and a convenient marketplace. Staff was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate the business and hope to have you with us again during future trips to the University!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This hotel offers a very convenient location. It is close to Interstate, downtown,business areas, restaurants,etc. The hotel is well cared for. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. The staff is very friendly and professional. The rate for this hotel was a real value.I look forward to a return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Samuel K
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review! We look forward to having you back with us in the future!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Bed was very comfortable and room seemed clean. (Though I did ask to be switched, as initial room appeared to have a wet area on carpet that I took to be an in-progress drying of stain.) I would have given an extra star except that (1) hotel had roped off entire front entrance overnight because parking-space lines had been repainted -- not a bad thing, except there was no prominent sign directing guests on where to park instead, and I had to phone the front desk in order to be directed to hotel's lower lot (also, no offer of help with bringing luggage up small hilly area to entrance) and (2) empty glasses from adjacent room sat in hall for quite awhile (necessitating another call to front desk).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Ann Arbor for your stay and for taking the time to review your stay! We appreciate your comments and apologize for the issues that you experienced while you were here. We strive to make every guest's stay a 5 star stay, and when it isn't we hope that we can fix the errors so that your next stay is better yet! We hope to have you with us again so that we can show the improvements to your experience!