“Best hotel in Ann Arbor”

Courtyard Ann Arbor
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Ann Arbor
Mount Vernon, Ohio
“Best hotel in Ann Arbor”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Really nice place to stay. The rooms are great and the service is excellent and friendly. Very clean hotel.

Room Tip: Choose the "extended" king room. That's the best.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I have had mixed results out of Marriott lately, many of the hotels have been run down, or just gave poor service. So, I was a little nervous when I booked the room at the Courtyard in Ann Arbor for Home Coming weekend in Oct 2011. I was out visiting my son who attends UM and to take in a game at the Big House. The hotel was a bit far from UM campus - it took me on average 15 minutes to drive from here to North Campus. Central campus is a bit closer - figure 10 minutes. Either way, you need a car to get back and forth from this hotel to UM.

My trepidations however, we're unfounded. The hotel was perfect. The front desk experience was smooth, I checked in in under 90 seconds! My room was terrific as well. I booked a deluxe King room. It was quite comfortable, with a full sitting area, that had a desk, a flat screen TV, and plenty of reading lights. The couch also folds out to a Queen size bed which is great for the kids. The sleeping area was a separate room with a very comfortable King size bed, dresser and another flat screen.

My only dissatisfaction was with the bathroom - and it is a small thing - there is only 1 light switch and it controls both the light and the exhaust fan. The fan was SO loud it sounded like a small jet engine and it is a small thing, but worth mentioning since it irked me.

Otherwise, the place was great. Clean, well kept, very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I went up there to see a football game. It was a great location, easy to walk to the game. The hotel was very nice and it was kept up to date. Not extremely convenient to walk to campus and go out but it was a very short taxi drive. Perfect place to stay as an away fan. Nice bar and lobby area as well.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
cincinnati
Reviewed October 25, 2011

This was an excellent renovation, there are only a few small details left that hinted at the history of the rooms. Overall, this was a great hotel and would highly recommend it to others. The staff, the environment and the rooms were all fantastic, and we loved the video board in the lobby, it was perfect in helping to find a restaurant in the evening!

I love the (asian inspired?) design of the rooms, the bed was so comfortable. The lamps lit the room nicely and made the room a relaxing oasis after a long day. My entire group agreed that we would again choose this hotel when we return to Ann Arbor.

Breakfast choices were great and even offered soymilk for my Chai! We loved the meeting spaces on the other side of the lobby, a great place to strategize for the day ahead. I have many great things to say about this hotel, try it for yourself!

Room Tip: The king size rooms are very spacious, and mine had a sofabed!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
wisconsin
Reviewed October 16, 2011

The hotel is right off 94 in a safe, friendly area loaded with shopping and dining options. The hotel is nicely renovated with very comfortable rooms and common areas. The pool and fitness facilities are very pleasant. The staff are also very friendly and accommodating.

The four stars for service is because when we had to call the desk on three occasions the phone rang and rang and rang. Once when they finally answered I ended up on hold for 8 minutes.

There is a limited service, counter service restaurant with nice breakfast and light meal options. It isn't open all the time, but it is open in the evening for snacks and beverages. The small sundries area near the front desk also sells snacks and beverages-- including beer and wine.

In the morning there is free coffee and tea, or you can buy Starbucks in the food service area.

The common areas have many nice seating areas, many with small TVs for personal use. Most of the seating areas have multiple power outlets. The TVs all have directv with many more channels than you will get in your room. Public computers are also available.

There is also a sitting area with a coffee table and a large screen tv. This is where our kids sat and watched Disney channel- which is not available in the room. We ordered dominos pizza to the hotel and ate it here. FYI. Dominos showed up exactly 17 minutes from the time we ordered.

Enjoy!

• Stayed October 2011
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This location seems recently renovated. I arrived late, the night clerk seemed indifferent on giving me directions to my room and nearest entrance, (since the parking lot was full and I had to park far away). Free internet

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank shawno360
MHardyDOS, Director of Sales at Courtyard Ann Arbor, responded to this review, October 10, 2011
Dear Shawno360,
Thank you for your recent feedback! Please know that we take your feedback very seriously and we will address your concern with the front desk team. We value your business and I apologize for the experience you had that did not fully demonstrate our excitement for your arrival and to assist you. Please feel free to reach out to me if you wish to discuss further how we could better serve you next time you visit Ann Arbor, I do hope you will try us again. 734-995-5900.
Washington, Michigan
Reviewed September 11, 2011

There are lots of hotels to choose from in this area, and choosing the Courtyard was an excellent move! Had a great stay at this property. No complaints! The staff here is professional and attentive. The lobby here is very contemporary, including a touch-screen LCD welcome center which allows you to view the weather, maps, news, etc. Our room was clean, contemporary, and comfortable.

We used the pool and fitness facility, and both certainly met our expectations. The courtyard area is gorgeous - a great place to read a book and be outdoors, while insulated from the outside world! Parking is free.

We'd certainly stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family