Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall
Denver, Colorado
“clean and nice hotel”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I stayed there for 10 nights, it's a big&clean place. There're a big clean bed, a big TV, a simple kitchen (include microwave and some cookers),an AC/heater and a big bathroom as well.
The staffs were nice and helpful.
The location of the place is really great. Tt is accessible to anywhere around, bus station and shopping mall are both in walking distance.
The hotel also offers free grab-and-go breakfast, like coffee, tea, fruit,oatmeal. It's very convenient for the people who are traveling.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank RichardChung
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Richard - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that we provided clean, comfortable, spacious accommodations for you and that you enjoyed our convenient location and grab-and-go breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I reached this hotel at around 1:00 AM in the morning, since the flight was delayed. I had to knock of the glass door of the main entrance - to enter the hotel. The receptionist told me, that there was some report of burglary in the adjacent area - hence this was a precaution for safety. I appreciated the hotel staff for their thoughtfulness. During my seven days of stay in this hotel I cooked for myself, made full use of the kitchenette. The kitchen has full set of utensils to cook. the AC however made loud noise at night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank durgasankar
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stayed at this Hell Hole for 7 weeks from May - July. This is the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in! My floors were only vacuumed twice and it was never dusted, I have the pictures to prove it.
I also had beer taken out of my fridge. The only employ that even cares about the customers or her job is the lady on midnights. I asked to speak to the manager several times and only got a supervisor that doesn't know anything or care. Most of the employees were only worried about their phones or visiting with each other. I could have walked out the front door with a tv and they would have never saw it happen. I think they need to get some new management in this place and clean it up!

Room Tip: Do Not Stay at this Dirty Hotel!! No amenities what so ever! Stay at the Candlewood Suites on Wayma...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Karen B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Karen - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize that our staff did not attend to your needs properly and that the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel did not meet your expectations. To make sure these issues do not happen again, I am going to coach my staff on providing better customer service moving forward and am working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning services.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at daa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Ann Arbor hotels

Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Took over 30 minutes to check in... The poor hotel clerk Had a very hard time with the computer Had to restart it several times......with Check in complete.
The room upon arrival was great smell good...room temperature nice warm 68 degrees..And everything its proper place and clean .... I will highly recommend this establishment for any length of stay.
A+
they just need something done about the check in process

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your room was clean and comfortable. I also apologize that there were computer errors and that it took longer than usual for check-in; we are looking into the functionality of our computer system. Still, I am happy to read that your overall stay was enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The staff was excellent, called me Sir a lot and asked if everything was okay, met the head maintenance man and we chatted for half an hour, friendly people, lovely location, Hilton near by, Banks and Restaurants, room was the best outside the one I stayed in DC but it cost me $150.00 dollars a night, where this one is a lot less, check for reviews, I would not lie to you, go FORWARD and keep the Democrats in power, or war in Syria like Iraq and Afghanistan, had enough in Viet Nam,,finally getting THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE a little late after being spit on and called baby killer, what is wrong with this country, one word!! Ready?? STUPIDITY. At least respected here, like being called Sir though I used to work for a living as a combat field medic.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TampatoAnnArbor
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that everyone treated you with the respect that you deserve. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My 5 day stay here was great, my room was clean, had a bit of Odor but nothing some febreeze didn't fix. Full size fridge and 2 burner range with microwave was great. Love having a new LG flat screen with 27 channels. I travel a lot so have a blu-ray player I travel with so I can rent red box movies at store locally. The Wi fi is free but you can upgrade to a faster speed by day or week. Plenty of washers and dryers ($2) each so $4 a load. Walking distance to mall and bus stop. But the best asset is staff. They were helpful in directions and as a walk-in they offered me excellent rate and beat all other hotels by $70 a night. Anthony at front desk was great, remembered my name and always checked if there was anything I needed and checked on my stay. I had problem with my phone and it was changed very quick. There are newer, nicer hotels but I have no problem choosing this over them. I even had a view of lake and mall

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Kevin - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff was warm and welcoming. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Ann Arbor
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I've been living here for over a year and am very satisfied with the arrangements. I recently relocated here for work, but would like to go back to my hometown someday. The price and the fact I didn't need to sign a lease brought me here, but there are many reasons I've stayed. Again, the price, but also the location, staff, and amenities kept me here. All the employees are very helpful and nice.

The room I have does have outdated furniture and appliances, but I've brought some of my own, and I appreciate that I have a full-size refrigerator and a brand-new TV and bed mattress. The size of the room is pretty good too. I've looked at various apartments in the area, and you can get one at about the same price as staying here, but you have to sign a lease and pay some utilities as well. Here, there are no utilities to pay. I have internet service and cable TV. I'm right by the mall, bus stops, restaurants, and fairly close to downtown.

The only real downside was that the room wasn't very clean when I got here, but now I prefer to clean it myself. Also, it was too hot in the summer weather. However, the heating in the winter was just fine. I do worry about the dust and lack of (?) filters in the heating/cooling system in my room because I have several medical conditions despite being a working professional. On the upside, there are U of M medical facilities within walking distance, and this works great for me since I have several medical appointments throughout the month.

Other than that, there is nothing to complain about. The rooms are quiet, the other guests are respectful, the staff (again) is really great, the location is perfect, the amenities are just what I need, and the price with no commitment is just right for me. Thanks. : D

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am so pleased that your overall stay has been a good one. I sincerely apologize that we fell short on the cleanliness area. In response to your feedback, I am working with my team daily to improve the cleanliness of our product. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at daa@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.