Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall
$149
$127
Sheraton.com
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel & Suites(Ann Arbor)(Great Value!)
$119
$146
GardenInn.com
$76
$80
Bell Tower Hotel(Ann Arbor)
$208
$202
Orbitz.com
All reviewsbriarwood mallweek staywalking distancelong stayhome away from homeparking lotgreat place to stayturneresahospitalkitchenettedryeruniversitymi
Reviewed May 11, 2013

For an extended stay it is the right place one should stay in.The location of the place is really great as it is accessible to anywhere around may it be travelling or shopping.The stay is affordable as compared to the hotels in and around the same area specially when you have to stay for such a long period.The hotel provides a reasonably comfortable stay.There are many affordable restaurants for dining around the area.The staff was good ,the rooms were clean.The hotel gives a reasonably good breakfast.Linen and laundry facilities were available.The staff was unaware of the bus timetables ,these timetables are easily available in the buses for free which I feel the hotel staff should make available to the guests,As most of the guests are from all around the world and are not at first conversant with in and around the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Niyati - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that we provided you with clean, comfortable accommodations. I am sorry that we did not have bus schedules available at the desk, but will look to do this moving forward as I think it is a great idea to keep them on hand!

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The hallways in this hotel were disgusting. The room was adequate. The staff was rude and poorly trained. My room was prepaid, but I was required to give a credit card for "incidentals" - what this is I have no clue! No bar, no restaurant, so I didn't like giving my personal card.....and lo and behold they billed my card for the room!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pam R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Pam - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The issues you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. As a team, we are working on providing better customer service, reviewing our housekeeping standards and speaking about charging policies when it comes to prepaid guests.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at DAA@extendedstay.com, so we can make this right with you. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

people is in the hotel that work for this hotel did not understand your own corporate policy or company policy. They also lied to people checking out of the hotel. I was informed yesterday that the amount that would be given back to me would be $50 cash as well as a reimbursement check sent to my place of residence after talking to corporate they said that It should be $75 furthermore the front desk Did Not Have enough cash To reimburse anybody any money I had a call up corporate and getting nowhere fast. The corporate office Will call back at 09 30 East Coast time from corporate do the fact that the corporation can not reimburse anybody at the hotel. do not pay cash for your room do not use credit card for your room have a cashiers check ready for them. no one in the hotel understood the company policy or corporate policy. corporate knew it well

• Stayed: April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you had difficulty in getting your refund. In response to your feedback, I am working closely with our desk staff, reviewing our cash drawer and payment policies, which will ensure that a situation like yours does not happen again.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I will be happy to speak with you further; please contact the hotel directly to do so. We do hope that you will visit us again or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here one night on February 21, 2013. They have a program with the University of Michigan Hospital where they provide significantly reduced rates where family members of patients have a rate of $29.99 a night. They are within 5 miles of the hospital and the rooms are more than adequate. They were clean and provided a full kitchen for those who would stay for any extended period. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The room did not have a hairdryer but when we asked we promptly received a new one.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Thank you so very much for your nice review of our property. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. I am glad to hear that you found our staff helpful. We strive to provide a home away from home atmosphere for all our guests.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

first room was dirty! urine stains on the toilet seat, dirt at the entrance, once I opened the door, needed dusting, dirty kitchen, hair on the fitted sheets....
second room was a little better. still needed dusting, stains on wall and carpet, dirty recliner..
staff was polite for the most part. i called to ask about their breakfast and the lady who answered the phone was kind of rude and short with her answers. Decided to go to a nearby store to buy my own breakfast instead. It had snowed during my stay and they did not bother to shovel the entrance.
They have wi-fi available, but on the card that is left on the table to the room it never states what wireless network connection to choose, i still had to call tech support to assist! I did make a comment to him about the informatio on their cards.
Last, I was never informed about what was available at their facility.....laundry, fitness equipment, etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank strajed
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013