Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall
Reviewed January 26, 2013

So friendly .... each time I went down and had questions, (and I had many) she took the time to answer each. Very nice lady and very funny. Showed me a few rooms too when I asked about upgrading. Once I had a question she suggested I get the answer from the Hotel Manager Erica. She also was great and took the time I needed to make sure I got a detailed answer. The daytime staff are great too! Like the little kitchen, and the convenient location. I would stay here again. ... and you can use the LA Fitness too just for staying here.

Room Tip: Choose a room that you can look out and see the mall!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Karl911S
RDO_Sarah_L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about your staff in Ann Arbor. I am so happy to hear you had a great stay with us and received such great service. We strive to provide exceptional guest experiences so it's always rewarding to receive feedback like yours. Thank you again for staying with us.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I enjoyed my experience at Extended Stay by Briarwood Mall. The builiding was clean and quiet and the staff was extemely helpful and pleasant. The staff did an excellent job with accomendating me durining my stay. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank A B
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent review. I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff took great care of you. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've recently moved back to Ann Arbor, and I haven't found the home I've wanted yet. I've been staying at the Extended Stay America - Ann Arbor for the past few months and I'm happy to call this home. The friendly staff really make a difference and the mini kitchen is great for cooking!

Room Tip: If you stay on the first floor, I like to be on the inside of the hotel facing the back parking lot...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine Z
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are happy to have you as our guest. It's wonderful to hear you are feeling at home with us. We want all of our guests to feel like our hotel is a home away from home. Sounds like our fully equipped kitchen is working out too! Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

I stayed here while my husband had surgery and follow up care. However, I had to switch hotels because of the lack of cleanliness and unsanitary conditions.

There was crusted food in the microwave. The bedding (besides the sheets) was dirty and oily, with a disgusting odor. The bathtub slimey...

When I saw a cockroach by the garbage piled up in the stairway, it was time to go. The stairways overflow with garbage on the weekends, when no one is there to take it out. After seeing open garbage as well as smelling the stench in there for 2 weekends in a row, I notified the staff, who told me no one takes the garbage out on weekends and that there were not enough cans. After seeing the cockroaches, I wondered if the garbage strewn about was going to attract rats and left afraid I was going to contaminate my husband post-surgery if I picked up some type of bacteria from the unsanitary conditions.

It's trivial that the front desk staff are friendly-they can't do anything about the problems here. I'd rather have unfriendly staff, but a clean room and hotel. I transferred to a hotel down the street, for just $10 more a night, but the new place was clean and the rooms were much nicer. I cannot believe how cleanliness is disregarded here and am suspicious of any positive reviews. Beware.

• Stayed: October 2012
3  Thank Emma5454
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology. Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve. The situation you experienced with the trash containers in the stairwells was unacceptable and I can assure you not the norm. I completely understand your misgivings considering your husband's surgery. I am truly sorry you had this experience at our hotel. It was unfortunate and completely insupportable. Again I appreciate you sharing it with us as it only helps us improve. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us with any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending the last two years on assignment in Ann Arbor. My "home" during this time was the Extended Stay at Briarwood Mall. The staff at this facility went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The staff that cleaned my room (Teresa) did a great job every week and if I had any maintenance concerns Denis would take care of them promptly. The Front Desk staff was always friendly and helpful. I would like to specifically call out Sarah Humphreys for her attention to detail and caring attitude. This goes for Miss Judy, our overnight desk person, as well. When they weren't working, I could always rely on Anthony to get me what I needed. I have stayed in many place in my business travels-none as friendly and warm as this! Thank You!

Room Tip: Pick a first floor room away from the highway. Very quiet and you get morning sun!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your glowing review. It was very rewarding to read your comments about our staff. We work very hard to maintain a home away from home for our guests so I appreciate you sharing your feedback. I am so happy to hear you were taken care of and felt comfortable during your stay. We really appreciate your business; thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Ann Arbor Extended Stay for the UOFM game this past weekend, and couldn't of been more pleased. I booked my reservation online, that of which I was a little skeptical because although it's a better price to book online I have had reservation's messed up in the past. I arrived and told the front desk attendant my name and she found it right away. Sarah, was her name, I remember that because that's my daughter's name. She checked me into my room, and to my surprise no problems. I reviewed some places online before I made my reservation for this weekend and saw some people liked it, and some people were displeased, but by the time I made the reservation there wasn't many places to choose from, so i took my chances. VERY GOOD JOB EXTENDED STAY! I will think of you guys first the next time I'm in Ann Arbor!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 229, even though it was located by the elevator, I didn't hear it once, somethi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent posting. I am happy you gave Extended Stay Hotels a try. We appreciate you staying with us and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that the next time you are in the Ann Arbor area, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Extended Stay Ann Arbor is one of the best extended stays I have stayed in. Not only did they upgrade the rooms but the staff was really helpful when needed. If hotel personel had the work ethic and willingness to correct problems like Anthony Woodford does it will make travelling less stressful and worry free. I have personally observed Mr. Woodford go above and beyond in assisting cutomers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. It's always a pleasure to hear that one of our staff members goes above and beyond for our guests. Thank you for sharing your comments. We are so happy you chose to stay with us in Ann Arbor and do hope you will return again soon.