“My Home Away From Home”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I had the pleasure of spending the last two years on assignment in Ann Arbor. My "home" during this time was the Extended Stay at Briarwood Mall. The staff at this facility went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The staff that cleaned my room (Teresa) did a great job every week and if I had any maintenance concerns Denis would take care of them promptly. The Front Desk staff was always friendly and helpful. I would like to specifically call out Sarah Humphreys for her attention to detail and caring attitude. This goes for Miss Judy, our overnight desk person, as well. When they weren't working, I could always rely on Anthony to get me what I needed. I have stayed in many place in my business travels-none as friendly and warm as this! Thank You!

Room Tip: Pick a first floor room away from the highway. Very quiet and you get morning sun!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your glowing review. It was very rewarding to read your comments about our staff. We work very hard to maintain a home away from home for our guests so I appreciate you sharing your feedback. I am so happy to hear you were taken care of and felt comfortable during your stay. We really appreciate your business; thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at the Ann Arbor Extended Stay for the UOFM game this past weekend, and couldn't of been more pleased. I booked my reservation online, that of which I was a little skeptical because although it's a better price to book online I have had reservation's messed up in the past. I arrived and told the front desk attendant my name and she found it right away. Sarah, was her name, I remember that because that's my daughter's name. She checked me into my room, and to my surprise no problems. I reviewed some places online before I made my reservation for this weekend and saw some people liked it, and some people were displeased, but by the time I made the reservation there wasn't many places to choose from, so i took my chances. VERY GOOD JOB EXTENDED STAY! I will think of you guys first the next time I'm in Ann Arbor!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 229, even though it was located by the elevator, I didn't hear it once, somethi...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you very much for your recent posting. I am happy you gave Extended Stay Hotels a try. We appreciate you staying with us and I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. I do hope that the next time you are in the Ann Arbor area, you will stay with us again.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

Extended Stay Ann Arbor is one of the best extended stays I have stayed in. Not only did they upgrade the rooms but the staff was really helpful when needed. If hotel personel had the work ethic and willingness to correct problems like Anthony Woodford does it will make travelling less stressful and worry free. I have personally observed Mr. Woodford go above and beyond in assisting cutomers.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. It's always a pleasure to hear that one of our staff members goes above and beyond for our guests. Thank you for sharing your comments. We are so happy you chose to stay with us in Ann Arbor and do hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at ESA for a month. The room was clean and a really good size. The location was ideal, not only was it easy for me to commute to the University of Michigan, but there were loads of restaurants nearby , also having the mall at your doorstep was great. All staff made my stay very pleasant and comfortable, especially Anthony and Sarah who were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Sam223_12

Thank you for your recent posting. It's terrific to hear our location was convenient for you. Thank you for your kind words about our staff. I'm happy to hear they took such good care of you. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I had a great experience for the football game. I would recommend this place for anyone who is looking for a hotel in the Ann Arbor area. The service was great and professional. The front desk personnel was exceptionally nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and spacious.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank William R

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to hear you had a great weekend with us. We are so glad you chose to stay with us. Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your business and would love to have you back when you are in town for another U of M football game.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel since 8/26/12. So far my experience has been very good. My room is cleaned once a week by the hotel staff which includes linen change. There is a great front desk receptionist named Katoria. She always greets you with a smile and goes above and beyond the call of duty to make sure your stay is a pleasant one. Also this hotel is within walking distance of the briarwood mall.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you so much for your recent review. I'm thrilled to hear our hotel is working out so well for you. I appreciate you sharing how Katoria is taking good care of you as well. We appreciate your business. Enjoy how close we are to the mall!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I will tell you right now this is one of the best places to stay in Ann Arbor. It is just like being at home. The staff is the best. Me and my wife use it for our special weekend getaways. We love the fact that it is right near the mall and it is surounded by great resturants.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ray R
RDO_Sarah_L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Ann Arbor - Briarwood Mall, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for your posting. It's terrific to hear you enjoy our hotel and its location. With the mall right there, there are a bunch of great restaurants and shopping to choose from. Thank you for your continued business. We appreciate it.